Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar Stage HT60

Originally posted by Gonzo72
    I’m having an issue with my HT60 it keeps blowing the T3.15AL250V fuse. Having a tech look at it but we are not having any luck. Need help
    disconnect all the main PT secondaries and start powering through a bulb limiter in series

Blackstar Stage HT60

I’m having an issue with my HT60 it keeps blowing the T3.15AL250V fuse. Having a tech look at it but we are not having any luck. Need help

Comment

Okay, what have you done in the way of troubleshooting so far?
      https://music-electronics-forum.com/...8&d=1519629152

Edit: That was weird. A minute after I posted this the whole thread was edited.
      Last edited by DrGonz78; 09-04-2019, 08:54 PM. Reason: To express my confusion...
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post

Edit: That was weird. A minute after I posted this the whole thread was edited.
        Yes, very strange. How can a response be the first post?
        I may be mistaken but I think there may have been multiple threads started for the same topic, and maybe a moderator combined them but accidentally put the first response ahead of the question?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The Yoda I think alexradium might be. The crew here is getting so good that they can even predict a question in advance of the op.

Comment

Yes the original post has been moved to another section

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
                The Yoda I think alexradium might be. The crew here is getting so good that they can even predict a question in advance of the op.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	rofl-smiley.png
Views:	9
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	855456
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Changed bad resistor and cap on the circuit board where plug attaches. Also changed all tubes.

Comment

What section was it moved to?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo72 View Post
                      What section was it moved to?
                      I think the post at the top of this page was moved in here from your other post in another section. That other thread was removed as far as I can tell.
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...8&d=1519629152

Comment

Did you try the recommendation giving by Alexradium??

"disconnect all the main PT secondaries and start powering through a bulb limiter in series"

Edit: Not that we should suspect the power transformer first but it might be easy enough to rule it out. Also running the amp through bulb limiter or monitoring current with a variac will be crucial to not blow fuses while testing. If not the transformer then try turning on with the power tubes removed, light bulb limiter connected too. At that point if it pulling too much current focus on bridge rectifier and even a faulty mains filter cap.
                          Last edited by DrGonz78; 09-08-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X