Coil Estimating JazzMaster Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you went to the .630 length magnets?
    That would open up even more possibilities.
    That would allow the use of A3, and A5 magnets in ,195 diameter.
    The .531 magnets seem to be limited to A5 .187 only.
    With the longer .630s, you could stick the access out the bottom, like done on some other fender P/Us.
    Or go to an even taller bobbin between the flats!
    Also with the possibilities of A3, you could do a 2-4 wind I like so well on other fender type pickups.
    The 2, would be A5 for the E & A, and the 4 would be A3 for the rest of the magnets.
    That gives the bright A5 on the low strings, and the sweetness of A3 on the other strings.
    The .195 would also allow for easier string centering!
    I guess, I need a cheap-O Jazz to play with!
    Anyone got any thoughts, or ideas on JM pickups, and want to jump in, please do!
    T
    Last edited by big_teee; 09-09-2019, 07:44 PM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Well I already have my JM bobbins built for the other pickups. I do however have a 3D printer so if I didn't mind a plastic bobbin instead of fiber board then I could print myself some bobbins to match those specs. I have another JM build right after this one so I do have lots of room to play around and experiment. I already have a pickup cover file for JM pickups I just need to build one for a bobbin.

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        While doing the JM hypothetical?
        Here's some possible neck data, that could be experimented with?
        It took several edit stabs at it, but I think I have it now?
        Hi Teee
        Do you have a link to the latest pickup estimator? I haven't been doing much winding recently, trying to retire for the last 2 years from repairing LOL, Happy Easter too.
        Cheers
        Andrew

Comment

This is the only online estimator that I know of.
          http://www.jdguitarworks.com/coil/coil.html
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Working...
          X