No announcement yet.

Help me ID this speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed the frame works too, no matter how much you shake that cabinet, the magnet stays firmly in place.

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
      There is an electronics repair place in town that has that Yamaha speaker. I am debating whether I should try to buy that speaker and bring the amp back to stock.....or not.
      If they are not asking a crazy price for it, I would buy it. It will definitely increase the value of your amp.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        If they are not asking a crazy price for it, I would buy it. It will definitely increase the value of your amp.
        Hope the baffle can be removed without too much destruction. And that Axtman owns a jigsaw
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Well I did a little further investigation. The speaker is bolted, with big fat machine bolts, to an additional plywood board. That board is then bolted to the baffle board with the original nuts. What they must have done is cut a board to size then laid it over the baffle board bolts, gently tapped the board and then drilled holes at the indents. The "secondary" baffle board came out easily. The round speaker hole on the secondary board was cut with a jig saw and they did a pretty good job. It is not a perfect circle but close enough for rock n' roll.

If I cannot locate a foam speaker, I am going to reuse the secondary baffle board. I am going to make the round the speaker hole a little better; paint the board with flat black paint and put the Rola speaker back in it.

Comment

Well I did purchase the Yamaha foam speaker from my local electronics repair shop for the low low price of free! Actually he said to give him something of value so I brought him two 12 inch Peavey Scorpion speakers that I will never use.

Comment

Speaker EIA Codes Chart

For reference, see attached... Speaker Manufacturer (EIA) codes. Courtesy of "Tube Amps 101."
              Attached Files
              It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Working...
              X