The Lion Tamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lion Tamer

Has anyone any experience with this little widget?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lion Tamer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	875930

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Hot-...MAAOSwJtdaN9mr

It appears to go in the Fx loop Send Return jacks.
    Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 09-10-2019, 04:04 PM.

I've never seen one,but the fact that it sits on the front panel of the amp gives it some appeal
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Never used one because my amps don't have FX loops, but a ton of guys in a FB group I mod have used them. They all seem to rave over them, as the BWST THING TO EVER HAPPEN FOR YOUR HOT ROD DEVILLE! Yes, they are that enthusiastic... Personally I'd make it myself...

I haven't checked a schematic to see what parts of the circuit it affects, but it's cheap enough & doesn't hurt anything so, whatever. Reminds me more of the Ice Cube, probably more "effective" though. I don't know of anyone who uses a volume pedal in the FX loop; I would think thatsa more "useful" variation on this theme, as it is adjustable from the rest of my pedal board (if I had one).

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Is it a pot in the effects loop?
        Not exactly rediscovering the wheel.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I haven't used one, but it looks simple, effective, and you don't even have to take the amp apart.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Should be good demand for this. Nobody likes the dirty channel in those hot rod amps, and the taper of the clean volume pot is too twitchy.
            Lots of guys looking for a simple solution, and you won't find anybody that will swap out the clean vol. pot for 25 bucks.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I've often thought of doing this out to a footpedal- pot and footswitch to bypass the pot. You could then use the switch to boost solos or cut rhythms, depending on your perspective.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I think that is a cool as sh*t idea! I hope he sells a million of them. Why didn't I think of that?
                It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

All this because of Fender’s epic design fail - using a linear taper master volume pot...

Comment

Working...
                  X