Ampeg J12-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg J12-T

Looking at this J12-T and it has a minor issue (besides needing new tubes) , with the Intensity control on 0 , i can still hear the trem "pulsing" in the background . What would cause that signal to get through the pot if its at 0 ??

Leaky c30?
    Attached Files

Have you verified with your meter that 0 on the pot is 0 ohms?
    Aside from that, the pulsing could be coupled through the power supply, C22 would be a suspect.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

pot measures down to 47 ohms....ill replace it . Any sources for these odd pots --plastic 1/8" ?? shaft / knurled / ?? Ive seen these on Crates too

c21 is definitely bulging out the top ( 47uf/450v )

i need to pull the pcb so might as well do the filters--i think theres only 3 or 4
      . Amp is dated 1995

EDIT-- found one =
      https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/285...ot-for-svt4pro

Comment

The pot should be this one:

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/285...ot-for-svt4pro
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post

thanks--ordered !

Comment

With wire short circuit TP5 and chassis (Tremolo off). If there is still a "pulsation" check C22; C23 (10uF / 400V)
            Check on PCB that is no uncertain or cold solder defect in P4 (Intensity) circuit.
            It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
              With wire short circuit TP5 and chassis (Tremolo off). If there is still a "pulsation" check C22; C23 (10uF / 400V)
              Check on PCB that is no uncertain or cold solder defect in P4 (Intensity) circuit.
              Its torn down right now. waiting on new filter caps and a pot. I did find a few questionable joints on the pcb

Comment

Working...
              X