Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall, what were you thinking shiipping a transformer like this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does Marshall do this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	balls.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	855622

because they can?

Comment

I'm not sure, but shouldn't x-rays be effected by magnetic fields ?
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

In my opinion the best packaging system is the one used by Hammond. I think itīs urethane foam. Volume is multiplied by approximately eight but the safety is complete.
        I always keep some boxes of this type.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hamm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	855623

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
          Not quite sure I understand this response, since there is no magnetic field unless the transformer is powered. I couldn't see an xray energizing a transformer but I guess I could be wrong.

nosaj
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
            Not quite sure I understand this response, since there is no magnetic field unless the transformer is powered. I couldn't see an xray energizing a transformer but I guess I could be wrong.

nosaj
            It's about the EV speakers, not the Marshall transformers.

Anyway, imho the magnetic field outside the speakers' voice coil gap wouldn't much interfere with x-rays. Chalk it up to Hopeless "Security Theatre" and their infinite ability to interfere with everything. "Gollee Vern, ya think there might be a bomb in there?" "H'm I dunno Jim-bob, let's pry it open & see..."
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

X-Rays are electromagnetic waves and so are not affected by magnetic fields to the best of my knowledge.
              Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

I bought a pair of Electrovoice EVM-10s on ebay. When they arrived, both needed to be re-coned because they had rubbed together. Judging from the condition of the package and conversations with the seller, the only explanation that made any sense was that Home Land Security had opened and inspected the package, had cut several tie raps holding the speakers face to face and had re-sealed the package. If the tie raps had simply broken, the pieces would have been in the package.
                Something like this could have happened. Because the membrane Mick was talking about looked like it was shredded but still inside the box. The only thing is, the contents looked like the would have if they were sitting on a warehouse shelf for a time. Plus, this was shipped from Marshall's US division (which I think has gone through some sort of administrative change?).
                If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                X