Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H20 visual sounds V1 battery drain?

Hey forum, and the esteemed Mr. RG Keen if you’re listening,

Does the Visual Sounds H20 (version 1 with the round momentary footswitches) drain the battery with nothing plugged in? I can toggle the LED’s on and off, but I’m wondering if the switch disconnects the battery from the circuit rather than the jacks.

Thanks!

I would address that question to the manufacturer:
    support (at) truetone.com
    Truetone Support Dept.
    4922 Port Royal Road, B-11
    Spring Hill, TN

Comment

I’ve already sent them a message, but my next question if this doesn’t O/L the battery is the simplest way to mod a jack. I assume it’s as simple as adding a switching jack contact in between battery - and PCB termination.

Comment

They said that it indeed is supposed to short, I’ll take a peek at the DC and input jacks.

Comment

What you describe is something that occurs when someone has wired up the input jack wrong. Or rather, wired it up with inaccurate information about which lug is ring and which tip.

Comment

Upon further inspection it looks like someone has replaced the transistor attached to the 9v in... from a casual inspection it looks like the wrong type. I don’t have it in front of me right now, but there’s a ground from the input tied directly to one leg of the transistor so I’ll double check the jack but I don’t understand how the switching transistor would work .

Comment

It may be that the 'transistor' is a jfet.

Comment

I’ve been learning a lot about JFETs from our misadventures in JC120 distortion circuits. Since the jfet is tied to the input shorting jack, does that stop the flow through the JFET unless it has reference to ground a la the jack? Just spitballing here

Comment

Working...
                X