What is your "go to" multimeter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g1 View Post
    You don't have a spare LCD for that baby do you? I have a 310 (same as HD series) but the display got broken. Great meter. I have a spare multi-processor and the service manual if you need anything.

My main meter is a Meterman 37XR. I was also recently given a heathkit IM-32 VTVM that needs a bit of work and a needle cover.
    Ha i think I have a 310 with the leather case good condition that doesn't come on if you want it for shipping has leather case probes an manual.

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

We have different brands over here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MM.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	634.9 KB
ID:	855779

Analog taut-band, mirror scale meters by Hartmann&Braun, DMMs by Philips PM2518X and Siemens B1023 both true RMS and 40kHz/20kHz bandwidth.
      Last edited by Helmholtz; 10-11-2019, 02:05 PM.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        You don't have a spare LCD for that baby do you?
        I don't, but I'm keeping a lookout for any more of these if they turn up cheaply enough. I'll you know if I happen across a display.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
          I don't, but I'm keeping a lookout for any more of these if they turn up cheaply enough. I'll you know if I happen across a display.

Name:	IMG_20191004_174502063.jpg
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	855786
          Free for shipping doesn't come on.

nosaj

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
            We have different brands over here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55522[/ATTACH]

Analog taut-band, mirror scale meters by Hartmann&Braun, DMMs by Philips PM2518X and Siemens B1023 both true RMS and 40kHz/20kHz bandwidth.
            I like that larger Analog taut-band meter! Never seen that one before, nor the Seimens, both of which look like really nice instruments!
            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

This was another piece of gear that was passed on to me from my Grandfather.

Name:	IMG_1648.JPG
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	855793
              When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I have a Fluke 8808A bench meter with long test leads that have mini-grabbers on the end rather than the usual probes. I couldn't do without it!

Comment

Originally posted by allsignalmustpass View Post
                  I have a Fluke 8808A bench meter with long test leads that have mini-grabbers on the end rather than the usual probes. I couldn't do without it!
                  I have long some with mini grabbers on them also, except they goto a BNC connection for my scope, I use a pomoma adapter that converts from BNC to the DVM banana jacks.

nosaj

Comment

I have a grabby probe for my scope. I like it. Always wanted some for my meter but I've never prioritized it. I often use my alligator clip leads from the meter probes to the circuit to accomplish something similar anyway. Gotta have a few alligator clip leads. I have four and I find myself short now and then. Making a couple more is something else I should prioritize.

Meter tip from pdf64... If you have good probes they'll have tips made of solid material. Probably some kind of austenitic stainless steel? I don't know. But you can sharpen them to improve readings on oxidized or overly fluxed joints
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Probe Clips

While I have a few Probe Master DMM probes, with the thread-on insulating tips to save your butt from being careless, I'm very fond of the XL EZ-Hook Mini-Probes, as seen in the first image connected to the base and collector leads of a power xstr, with the Fluke 8060A in Diode Test mode. I have several sets of those cables equipped with both the XL as well as the normal length Min-Probes. I've been using EZ-Hook for decades, along with some of the Pomona versions which are stronger, more robust. Eventually, the lead breaks off inside the push-ball, but easy to restore, after removing the remains of the previous wire, and tack-soldering a freshly prepared end. Their original form factor was the Ball End, then changing to the ergonomic shape that Pomona has always had.

Name:	EZ-Hook XL Probes-1.jpg
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	855874 Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ-Hook Mini-Hook tip.jpg
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	855875 Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ-Hook Mini-Hook-1.jpg
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	855876 Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ-Hook Mini-Hook-2.jpg
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	855877 Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ-Hook Mini-Hook-3.jpg
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	855878

At one of the TRW Radio Amateur Technical Swap Meets in Redondo Beach, CA decades ago, I came across some Logic Probe cables, which were equipped with these tiny removable grabber probes, connected using square plastic connectors having the mating socket for the tiny 0.025" round pin in the probe. I've fitted the sockets to mate with these probes on several of my Tektronix Scope Probe's ground leads, along with the traditional mini-alligator clip.

Name:	Logic Probe Clip-1.jpg
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	855879 Click image for larger version

Name:	Logic Probe Clip-2.jpg
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	855880 Click image for larger version

Name:	Logic Probe Clip-3.jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	855881 Click image for larger version

Name:	Logic Probe Clip-4.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	855882

These tiny grabber clips can get in and firmly clip onto IC leads (though not advised when the circuit is powered up!). I do have a collection of EZ-Hook's Micro-Probes, which are about the same size as these.....and while nice probes, I like these logic probe grabber clips a bit better.
                      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Working...
                      X