Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New issues on my JTM45 build while testing tubes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
    I seem to remember having a 12AX7 that made that quiet motorboat noise, try subbing out each in turn with a good one.
    Did it go away after warmup? This starts at a point during initial startup ,then fads out when it settles? I will give that a go though. Can't hurt.

Comment

It was a long time ago, sorry, can’t recall the detail, but it got worse and provoked me to track down the culprit. I was surprised it was a tube fault.
      It may have been one of GTs ‘Mullard’ replicas from the early 2000s, I read they had a lot of problems and got withdrawn.
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

It was a long time ago, sorry, can’t recall the detail, but it got worse and provoked me to track down the culprit. I was surprised it was a tube fault.
        It may have been one of GTs ‘Mullard’ replicas from the early 2000s, I read they had a lot of problems and got withdrawn.
        I gave it a shot. Still have the noise. I'll keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
          True and motorboating typically sounds different. Let's see if its still there with the GZ34. You might even use a 5U4GB for a little lower voltages if your PT supports the higher heater current.
          I just tried another set of power tubes ,and the puttering is gone on the first startup. I will try again shortly to verify that. I'm kind of shocked. I've never had an issue with a tube I have gotten from Eurotubes.

Comment

I just tried another set of power tubes ,and first startup the puttering is gone.

Comment

Working...
            X