Fender Champion 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Champion 100

Well I've just bought a Fender Champion 100 and driven 180 miles to collect it. It worked at the guy's house as he demonstrated it but when I plugged it in at home there was a flash and a loud bang. I have opened it up and the 4a PCB fuse, bridge rectifier, C356 and C358 are all blown.

I've ordered the fuse and bridge rectifier from CPC which I will be able to collect tomorrow. I have a SMD caps in a kit so should have the value BUT the caps themselves vaporised so no idea what the value actually is.

Anybody know the value of C356 and C358?

Anybody have the schematic for the Fender Champion 100?

Is my new amp going to be my new cab? :-(

Fender CHAMPION 100/40/20 schematics

http://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Original/10001/2330400_gamp_schematic.pdf
    from page 2 position on schematic (left up)
    C356 .015/ 630V
    C358 .015/ 630V
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
      C356 .015/ 630V
      C358 .015/ 630V
      Thanks. Fender sent me a copy of the schematic. I was not sure about "0.015" which is 15nF but why not just say 15nF ?

I've ordered a new fuse, bridge rectifier and the MLCCs but, now, just waiting for their arrival.

Comment

why not just say 15nF ?
        Convention. Many schematics have a set of notes, REad them. It says "all unpolarized capacitors in uf", plus "unless otherwise noted.". That way they don't have to write "uf after each one to clutter up the drawing. They only write the units if they differ, like pf.

Also, nf is relatively recent. 0.015uf is still way more common than 15nf. MANY of us still use the older system. It took me a long time to say pico instead of "micro-micro". You may note older drawing might have 250mmf or 250uuf instead of 250pf for like a treble cap. And for that matter I know I will always say 10,000uf instead of 10 millifarads.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowasaki View Post
          Well I've just bought a Fender Champion 100 and driven 180 miles to collect it. It worked at the guy's house as he demonstrated it but when I plugged it in at home there was a flash and a loud bang. I have opened it up and the 4a PCB fuse, bridge rectifier, C356 and C358 are all blown.

I've ordered the fuse and bridge rectifier from CPC which I will be able to collect tomorrow. I have a SMD caps in a kit so should have the value BUT the caps themselves vaporised so no idea what the value actually is.

Anybody know the value of C356 and C358?

Anybody have the schematic for the Fender Champion 100?

Is my new amp going to be my new cab? :-(

Hi Cowasaki, can you link to a website where i can purchase these? The same exact thing happened to mine... not fun.

Comment

Please add a location to your profile. It's hard to recommend a vendor without knowing where you live.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
              Please add a location to your profile. It's hard to recommend a vendor without knowing where you live.
              I live in Chicago, IL. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
                Fender CHAMPION 100/40/20 schematics

C356 .015/ 630V
                C358 .015/ 630V
                could you repost this schematic?
                it opens like blank document
                thanks in advance

Comment

• vintagekiki
                  vintagekiki commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is CHAMPION 100 40 20.pdf the schematic you are looking for.

Originally posted by alexradium View Post
                could you repost this schematic?
                it opens like blank document
                thanks in advance
                Unfortunately the link is no longer active.

CHAMPION 100 40 20.pdf
                Attached Files
                It's All Over Now

Comment

Yes thank you,got it

Comment

hi, i have fender champion100 amp. I am having a problem with this device. i don't know exactly what it is and i need the correct schematic

Comment

It's right there in post #10.
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                      X