Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different Forum format/layout found last night....what???!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Forum format/layout found last night....what???!!

Last night, signing on to this forum from home, different computer than what I use at the shop, the design of the forum was entirely different. Had to go searching to find how to log in, had to search for the Whats New? section, where I normally start to see what the latest posts are. Finally found that, but, all the avatar's were gone, the entire appearance of this website was totally different. I was able to navigate with prodding, but found myself in what felt like a different country. Maybe it's just being so used to something, I don't take to total change well.

Then, having found what the What's New? (might have been called something else?), scanning thru the last couple days, there was a load of posts that were missing, including the post on the Ampeg SVT-CL I'm working on that seems to only work when standing up on its side, but not in normal horizontal position. I did find it, but only after going to the Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Repair forum.

Is this forum layout & design about to change from what it has been? I was expecting I'd find that layout this morning, signing in from the shop computer, but felt relieved to find 'home' as it has been, and not what the maid just did in her cleaning up the place.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

There are a number of formats within the software, you can select the one you prefer. I suspect the other computer had its cookie remembering a diffrent format than your usual.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      There are a number of formats within the software, you can select the one you prefer. I suspect the other computer had its cookie remembering a diffrent format than your usual.
      Odd. I go onto this forum from that computer all the time, and have never seen that format that showed up last night before. Where do you select your preference?

Comment

Sometimes my phone auto-switches me to the mobile layout; I just go straight to the bottom & hit "View Full Site." That's the only layout change I ever get...

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
          Sometimes my phone auto-switches me to the mobile layout; I just go straight to the bottom & hit "View Full Site." That's the only layout change I ever get...

Justin

Yup

Comment

Back home, and selected the forum from the internet as usual, and, this time, it came up as it always has with the familiar layout and format. I was expecting to have to go into settings and try to navigate my way back to what I'm used to seeing. No idea why I got what I saw last night from this computer at home.

Comment

Now that you are back to 'usual' location, go down to the bottom left of this page and where it says 'vB4 default style' try the other 'mobile' setting and see if that was what you had at the other location. Then change back again to vB4.

If that wasn't it, look up at the upper right of this page. Right above the '#1' of the first post, there is a 'display' button. Try the other modes. I have a feeling you were not on 'linear' mode which may be why you couldn't find the post you were looking for.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Apparently something similar to the simplified model, I came across this. Or it was like when the site can not fully load and it displays partial or distorted information.

Comment

Working...
                X