Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Flanger 117 map required

Hello all
    A bit of a long shot. Got a MXR Flanger 117 with no effect but working bypass
    I have the original map but there don't seem to be a 117 version available ?
    if anyone can assist i would be truly grateful

have a good day

BBB

Here is the M-117 schematic. Which version schematic do you have?

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1571150504
    Attached Files

Comment

thanks Dmeek . im not sure. not the version above
      it says MXR 117 version 2 on it
      Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_6192.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	855817

bbb

Comment

That's the newer series. I don't have a schematic for that one. The MN3204 chip is the bbd delay, pin 3 is input. other than that these SMD boards are very hard to trace without a schematic.
        Check that you have +5V or more on MN3204 pin 5

Comment

thank you... I have searched the internet and checked out all these before i post a request .Hoping that someone might have one, but again none of these are about the model i have
          BBB

Comment

thanks i will check that out
            bbb

Comment

When you say "no effect", do you mean no signal at all, or do you simply mean no flanging effect? Both are possible, but have different causes.

Though not always the case, disappearing flanger or chorus effects can often occur because of a miscalibrated trimmer. All bucket-brigade devices, regardless of what they are used for, require a DC bias voltage at their input. If the voltage is set too high or too low, no audio signal will pass. Adjusted a little high or a little low, signal will pass, but will be distorted and less than maximum volume. In the case of the MN3204, that trimmer will be tied to pin 3, usually through a fixed resistor. It is possible to play with the bias setting, without risking damage to the delay chip.

The trimmer closest to the MN3204 might be the bias trimmer, but I'm not absolutely sure. There is often a second trimmer connected to the output of a BBD (in this case, pins 7 and 8), which adjusts the relative balance/level of the two parallel outputs of the chip, so as to minimize clock noise. And that trimmer close to the chip might be it. One way to verify is to check for continuity between pins 7 and 8 and the two outside lugs of that trimmer.

The reissue board you show has some changes which make it diverge from the original schematic a bit. Not necessarily tonally, but in terms of the specific circuitry required. So I don't know , or rather can't be certain, about which trimmer corresponds to which in the original schematic.

Comment

There was bypass and when you switched over to effect. led came on but no signal at all.
                tried to trace the signal but i have to admit. No schematic its hard for me.

BBB

Comment

Do you have some means to bypass the bypass circuit? IN other words, to feed the input jack to the circuit input and circuit output to output jack.

Comment

not sure mark. to be honest im going to leave this one. I just don't get enough time to do the jobs as it is
                    thanks for the help, without the map i won't waste my time
                    many thanks
                    BBB

Comment

Working...
                    X