Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acoustic Control Corp 165 Volume Stacked Dual Concentric Knobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic Control Corp 165 Volume Stacked Dual Concentric Knobs?

I am missing the pair of stacked volume knobs for this amp. Anyone know where to find some?

In the meantime I would like to find a substitute or fabricate something.

Any suggestions? The outer shaft is about 6.5 mm and the inner shaft is about 5 mm. The outer shaft is the greater challenge. I do not think a knob with a set-screw will do it as it is not completely round.

Will post a close-up photo tonight.

Thank you

Originally posted by misterc57 View Post
    I am missing the pair of stacked volume knobs for this amp. Anyone know where to find some?

In the meantime I would like to find a substitute or fabricate something.

Any suggestions? The outer shaft is about 6.5 mm and the inner shaft is about 5 mm. The outer shaft is the greater challenge. I do not think a knob with a set-screw will do it as it is not completely round.

Will post a close-up photo tonight.

Thank you
    Stacked knobs from a Jazz Bass? Stacked knobs from a Danelectro guitar?

Comment

Old stereo's?

Comment

I had the exact same amp last year, same problem. This happens to about 95% of them, either broken or lost. I bought some various knobs online, some work ok, but i didn't think i found anything that matched the size and color. I think the outside is like a figure 8 with 2 notches? Inside was 1/8"? I may have either one here as i put something else on there and sold the amp to a friend. Talk about clean wattage, it would easily give a twin reverb a run for it's money with the 100 watts and the massive EVM 12L. Oh, i think the knobs from a old concentric car radio vol/tone, tune/bal would fit but not look good.

Will dig into the knob stash after dinner.

Comment

pictures

Here are some pics. Odd that one protrudes more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vpot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	855833 Click image for larger version

Name:	vpot2.jpg
Size:	430.0 KB
ID:	855834

Comment

Found 1 larger style, the others i think were missing so i replaced all 4. I can mail this out, might cost $3 or whatever for the bubble mailer these days.Click image for larger version

Name:	164.jpg
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	855908

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
              Found 1 larger style, the others i think were missing so i replaced all 4. I can mail this out, might cost $3 or whatever for the bubble mailer these days.[ATTACH=CONFIG]55745[/ATTACH]
              Howdy, I can see this thread is a little old. I'm wondering if the OP took up your offer? If not, I'd be interested. I am missing one of these and two of the smaller top knobs. I'm doing up a 164 for my 15 year old nephew

Comment

Not sure if I still have that. I'll look later today and let you know. I may also have found a substitute. More than once I wished I had kept that amp.

Comment

Not sure if I still have that. I'll look later today and let you know. I may also have found a substitute. More than once I wished I had kept that amp.
                  Many thanks, interested in both regards. I'm not bonded to these old placky knobs but for the sake of authenticity started there. Did you find some subs?

Comment

Howdy Mozz, Any luck checking your stash?

Comment

Dare I suggest fleabay ...
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224839454...Cclp%3A2047675
                      Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
                      If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
                        Cheers. Yes but wrong shaft diameter. These are old CTS pots with ~1/4 inch outers and 3/16 inner shaft diameters. AKA ~6 n ~4.7mm. New stuff is all 8mm/6mm. Yes one could adapt but will try to see if there's a better fit out there first.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
                          And should also add, the Filmosound has come up nicely and the Ampeg Reverberocket sings! Was grateful for your input on other forums Jon. The elevated ground advice particularly so. Cheers. Also in flight, Gibson GA15RVT and some early 60's Aussie amps. Most pleasingly a Vadis PV20 VADIS PV20 Standby Light Jewel cover and general help (aggh.net)

Comment

Checked my parts and I don't see any of the original knobs. Here's a picture of the ones I used. I thought I bought a bunch of these so I am still looking for where I hid them. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221217-004918.png
Views:	280
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	975011

Comment

Checked my parts and I don't see any of the original knobs. Here's a picture of the ones I used. I thought I bought a bunch of these so I am still looking for where I hid them. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221217-004918.png
Views:	280
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	975011
                              Many thanks Mozz. They're nice subs. I'll seek out something similar. I've also gone down a silicon molding rabit hole form the 1 I have left!

Comment

Working...
                              X