No announcement yet.

Rocktron Intellifex Online, Bypass Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Intellifex Online, Bypass Mod?

Hi all,

I just found this forum so joined. Seems like a good place for all of my crazy wiring ideas.

I just pulled my old Rocktron Intellifex Online out of the rack I used when I stayed up way later, had way longer hair and... this unit still sounds fantastic. Currently I have a ridiculous pedalboard and really don't want a big midi floor board like the ART X11 I used to use way back when. The unit does have a bypass button, but it doesn't have a bypass foot switch option. Considering that it does have a bypass button, if I soldered to the leads of the button that go through the PC board, connected to a jack that lead to a momentary foot switch, would that be the same as pressing the button to bypass the unit? I'm clearly not an electronic engineer but it seems to me that this button places the unit in and out of bypass through a relay downstream when a little current travels through when the button is pushed.... but again I could be totally out to lunch. Any thoughts on this? I wanted to ask before I did something dumb.

Thanks all!

It sounds like it would work o/k.

Do you have any documentation on the unit that you can upload?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've been looking but no schematics I can find that reference the bypass button. Below is the manual, but there's nothing there on schematics.

http://www.rocktron.com/uploads/2/2/...online.pdf.zip

Comment

Working...
      X