Weber 5F2H High power Princeton questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber 5F2H High power Princeton questions

Hi all, I have a Marsh/ Mojotone tweed champ kit that I put together a while back, but want to change it to the Weber 5f2h circuit.
    1. I would like to drop the choke due to space constraints, but after scouring the internet, I have come up empty handed on what to use for adding a resistor in its place? Or would I just change the resistor between the 40uF and 20uF filter caps? Is there a way to calculate this?
    2. The Weber 5F2H uses a 100mA power transformer, and I have the Heboer 760ex rated at 75mA. Ok for a se single KT 66 setup, or close to the hairy edge?
    3. Want to add the schematic here, but not sure how to do it....

Hmm, I do have a Stancor 2H 200mA 60 ohm lying around, but since it is a small champ chassis, I would have to mount it between the preamp side, and the OT. Would that create issues positioning it there (where else could I put it anyway)...

Comment

Look at Fender 5E2 schematic. They used a 470 ohm. Sounds good to me. Whatever you choose will likely work
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X