X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip Strap from Slinger Straps?

I just ordered one of these:
    https://slingerstraps.com/products/h...p-guitar-strap
    I’m 64 and still gigging a couple of times a week using Les Pauls. What put me over the edge was my Telly double neck. My shoulder really started hurting with my body build and arthritis. I’m just curious if anyone out there is using one. It should arrive in a couple of days. I’ve seen ZZ Top and Cheap Trick use a different setup that spins. This one doesn’t do that and requires the installation of another strap button. I’m hoping to mount one on the bottom neck plate of the double neck Telly...

Looks like something I need...

Only trouble is, I use 3 different guitars when we play live.
    Each has it's own strap (with locks) always attached.
    I just put one down and sling the next over my shoulder.

I can see guitar changes might not be as quick with the hip strap.
    If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
    I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Pricey for what it is. I'd think the guitar might hang outwards a bit if not anchored from the top. That may or may not be to your liking.

Comment

Worth it if it works.. that damn Telly nearly dislocated my shoulder. Lol... I use it to avoid guitar changes at jams. We will see. I was using a wide leather strap that cost more on it.

Comment

Looking forward to hearing how it works for you. I was concerned about neck dive but watching the video it doesn't look like a problem.
          Maybe more money than a regular strap but the price doesn't seem that high to me. Some guys are spending hundreds apiece for fancy custom straps.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I just took a peek at the website, expecting to see some double-shoulder and waist harness type thing. Nope.

The problem I'd have is that my hips are below my waist, which means I wouldn't be able to see the guitar 'cause my belly would be in the way!

Great for you skinny cusses, though.
            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Sounds like quite a few that don't have 'flat' bellies were complaining about the top of the guitar body being pushed away. So this could be an issue for some.
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The ad also says this:

"Important Note: For proper playing position, the Hip Strap guitar strap requires adding or moving a strap button to the lower bout or "horn" of the guitar" .

I'm not sure I'd want to put extra strap buttons and/or holes in my guitars.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Don't you have one on the back for the 'spinner'?
                  I wish I had guitars nice enough to worry about putting extra holes in them.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    Don't you have one on the back for the 'spinner'?
                    We should have, but never took it that far. I've seen too many spinning guitar fails.
                    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Well... I got it.. it’s basic “seatbelt” strap but the clasp is plastic. I’m deciding where to put the button on my double neck Tele.. luckily I’m very thin.Click image for larger version

Name:	56842611-CC8F-4A5F-B06A-BA93544BC670.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	471.2 KB
ID:	855967

Comment

You are thin everywhere except the hair OD!

Is that two identical 6 string necks on the Tele?

Difference is one gets a capo? Or maybe there is a subtle tuning difference or you play them both at once like Nitro?

Comment

Top neck is an open tuning. Usually G. Saves guitar changes, but it’s a heavy MF...

Comment

Working...
                          X