Crown CTS600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown CTS600

I have a crown CTS600 with a very peculiar fault.

1) From a 6 hour rest when I try to switch on this thing it goes to protect and fault leds start flashing.
    2) If I switch it off and on again for 3 to 4 times the amp comes on and all is well. It works normally.
    3) If I switch on again after say 2 hours the amp starts normally with no trouble at all.
    5) My only trouble is that this fault only occurs when the amp is switched off for 6 hours or more.

Has anyone had this problem before? It is very difficult to detect such a fault as it is not there all the time. I have read a previous tread about the CTS600 but I do not believe it has something to do with the 24v rail. My guess is that one of the amplifiers is loading the smps on start up. There is no way I can isolate the smps from the amplifier as it is all on one pcb. This thing kept me scratching my head and trying to figure out what to do next to solve this problem.

Things I have checked so far. Soft start resistors and relay, any dry joints, any signs of corrosion (did not find any) Try to start up with a series 200w lamp (problem still persist) once it starts there is no way it will repeat the fault below at least 6 hours switched off.

If I repair this amplifier I will come back with the solution to help someone else in the future.

Thanks and regards, Silvi

Here is the schematic for the power supply and amp for the CTS 600

Crown-CTS600 pwramp.pdf

Comment

Working...
    X