What is one KT66 doing in a EL34 amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
    Did you mean "spiciolli" (italian for small coins)?
    No Spicolli was a character in fast times at ridgemont high. Surfer dude played by Sean Penn.

Nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Pretty sure he meant something else.

Attached Files
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Oh, Jeff Spicoli. (Not really familiar with US movies, I am).
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Either way... He misspelled it.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            Either way... He misspelled it.

Hey man we're not trying to run the world here or anything like that. 😎
            Nosaj
            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Sorry for asking.

I think I am doing quite well with plain English, but there are numerous posts I simply don't understand. Especially those containing misspellings or "cool" colloquial or would-be technical abbreviatons, where Google often is of no help. In those cases I mostly decide to ignore the post instead of bothering to ask.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Well 1 behind 7 could imply 7-1. Which is 6. Then there's 3 and 3, or 3+3 which is 6. Add all the numbers together and you get 14. 14/2.33 is 6. That's 666

Ok, 2.33 doesn't really fit in there, but my point is, and Randall might agree, this is Satan's amp!
                Oh there's more.. let's apply the rules of occult numerology (adding adjacent pairs)
                1733 -> 1+7, 7+3, 3+3 -> 8, 10, 6 -> 18, 6. Now 18 is THREE SIXES!!! The spare 6 goes with the KT66 to give THREE SIXES again..

Be afraid, be very afraid.
                Last edited by nickb; 11-01-2019, 11:06 PM.
                Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

there are numerous posts I simply don't understand. Especially those containing misspellings or "cool" colloquial or would-be technical abbreviatons, where Google often is of no help. In those cases I mostly decide to ignore the post instead of bothering to ask.
                  I think the proper German spelling might be 'Kuhl'.
                  I do end up having to consult the 'urban dictionary' for some of the more modern colloquialisms.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    I do end up having to consult the 'urban dictionary' for some of the more modern colloquialisms.
                    Fo shizzle

Uh,.. Ok, that's too old. How about "totes"

I have to consult UD sometimes too.

Comment

I think the proper German spelling might be 'Kuhl'.
                      Sure.
                      What I meant was, while it may seem cool to use hip (internet slang) abbreviations, it creates additional barriers and potential misunderstandings. Abbreviations are always language and/or culture specific. I sometimes use the 'urban dictionary', but generally expect posters asking for advice to make sure they are well understood. Otherwise (and especially if my technical questions are not answered) I tend to lose interest.
                      Last edited by Helmholtz; 11-01-2019, 10:30 PM.
                      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

...but generally expect posters asking for advice to make sure they are well understood.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Chuck H; 11-01-2019, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Attachment doesn't show.
                          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
                          X