Morley PFV Volume Phaser circuit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morley PFV Volume Phaser circuit question

I've just resurrected a classic Morley Phase Shifter - great optical circuit.
    While I was able to find a basically readable schematic the circuit has five trimmers in it and I can't find any documentation on either the preferred settings or adjustment procedure.
    According to the schematic at Shematic Heaven for the PFV they are:
    1 - LFO output adjustment the actual name is unreadable)
    2 - Lamp Bias
    3 - "Unreadable" Lamp
    4 - Mixer (Wet/Dry) in Phaser Circuit
    5 - Harmonic trim

Aside from the Lamp Bias, which I set so that the lamp worked measured by the Mk 1 eyeball setting, the others I set centered.
    The pedal works and sounds great
    But I'm sure that with the correct settings it would sound and work even better.
    Anyone know where I could locate, or who might have the settings for the circuit?

thanks
    Mike

Originally posted by Saransk93 View Post
    ......While I was able to find a basically readable schematic......
    Why not post it?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Here is a cleaned up but still not very readable schematic and instructions and what appears to be a re-draw of same. I notice there is a capacitor missing at the input transistor collector in the re-draw.
      I can't answer the original question though it looks like some of the trimmers set the limits for some of the controls.

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1573176295
      Attached Files

Comment

This is the documentation I have - but the schematic is clearer for the "official" one.
        You'll notice that the Pro-Phaser (#3) is slightly different than the Phaser - Volume (#1)
        #1 has the volume circuit lamp (the LDR appears to be missing)
        The location in the circuit, and what they are called, of a couple of trimmers is different as well.
        I fell that the setting of the LFO output trimmer, as well as the trimmer for the Lamp Bias would be better if I could set them correctly.

Somewhere there is a set of instructions with either measurements or settings for the various trimmers

Comment

Here is my re-draw of the control circuit and trimmer locations. Not sure if I'm 100% correct. If you can, post some closeups of the board from various angles including under the cardboard shield in the middle.
          https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1573250511
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dmeek; 11-08-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X