JBL EON 10P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL EON 10P

Good afternoon to everybody...I tried searching the net for this but couldn't find the schematics.......any chance somebody here on the forum might have schematics for this one.....and maybe a board layout of the power amp/power supply....It powers up but no sound......I did discover that it was repaired once before and there is a diode that was tack soldered in place as the SMD pads are missing...the diode was falling around inside the unit...I am not sure which way to install it......I don't want to put it in backwards....it is labeled D5 on the main board......any help greatly appreciated......there is silk screening there but that looks damaged as well........
    Cheers,
    Bernie

Have you looked here? JBL EON Parts and Schematics.

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
      Have you looked here? JBL EON Parts and Schematics.
      Yes I have sir...there are no schematics or board layouts for the 10P....that is why I had posted here.......Thank you for your reply.....
      Cheers

Comment

Did you try directly contacting them, and asking for what you need? Be sure to include the complete model name and serial number.

https://pro.harman.com/service
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sorry... I always thought that "10P" referred to the "Power 10" model.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Did you try directly contacting them, and asking for what you need? Be sure to include the complete model name and serial number.

https://pro.harman.com/service
            Just sent off an email......Thanks for the link......
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
              Sorry... I always thought that "10P" referred to the "Power 10" model.
              No Problem...

Comment

Are there any markings on the PC board?
                A line usually indicates which side is the cathode or band side of the diode.

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
                  Are there any markings on the PC board?
                  A line usually indicates which side is the cathode or band side of the diode.
                  I checked for that but some of the silk screening is not visable..I looked for other diodes that were similiar but I can't find any....they are there but are different with a different outline....Looks like it is supposed to be a zener.....I'll see what comes back from Harman.....

Comment

What do the two pads connect to?

The Power 10 shows a 'D5" being a 12 V zener diode.

EON Power 10 D5.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                      What do the two pads connect to?

The Power 10 shows a 'D5" being a 12 V zener diode.

[ATTACH]55885[/ATTACH]
                      Across a filter cap...I'll check later today to see what Cap designation and other components also connecting to it......Thanks for the reply.....

Comment

If it's across a filter cap and is indeed a zener, cathode of the diode would go to the positive side of the cap. If you still have the original diode (and a magnifying glass like me), see if you can find the datasheet for the diode to verify it is a zener.
                        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                          If it's across a filter cap and is indeed a zener, cathode of the diode would go to the positive side of the cap. If you still have the original diode (and a magnifying glass like me), see if you can find the datasheet for the diode to verify it is a zener.
                          Thanks for the reply.....The original diode is not there...the current diode, (through hole) was tack soldered to the existing traces....I had to remove the large filter cap and the transistor to be able to get a good view of the area.....and make some room to make the work a bit easier......and I will check the current diode just to make sure it is a Zener.......certainly looks like one......I'll solder the parts back in the ckt later this weekend.....
                          Cheers

Comment

Here is the power amp schematic of the Power 10.
                            There is indeed a zener across a capacitor.
                            16V / 1/2 watt.
                            EON Power 10 Pwr Amp.pdf

And the complete schematic: EON Power 10.pdf

Comment

Thanks Jazz P.......I was not feeling well yesterday and last night..never got much sleep so I am not long on the go...it is 1:30 PM here....that schematic shows a 12v Zener....I will check the zener for a number later today once I get some time.....thanks for the schematics.....much appreciated......
                              Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X