Heathkit IG-82 audio generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heathkit IG-82 audio generator

I am looking for the service manual for a Heathkit IG-82 Sine-Square Wave Generator. Thanks.

http://tubularelectronics.com/Heath_...G-82/IG-82.gif
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
      I am looking for the service manual for a Heathkit IG-82 Sine-Square Wave Generator. Thanks.
      I use one of these all the time at work. There was a nonworking unit I got for free which I'm rebuilding at the moment. These units have been around so long and have been so popular, there has been a lot of research and testing done to improve the linearity and performance of these machines.
      These might be of some interest to you:
      Modifying a Heath IG-18 Audio Generator For Ultra Low Distortion - done these. worthwhile, as they are inexpensive and pretty quick changes
      Tronola IG-18 mods
      and lest anyone forget the great work of Dick Moore
      Moorepage
      If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

For those interested, a LONG ongoing thread over at DIYAudio

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equi...scillator.html
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          For those interested, a LONG ongoing thread over at DIYAudio

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equi...scillator.html
          Ah, I remember this oscillator. That was my first oscillator as I began building up a lab back in the mid-70's. I was working for BGW Systems at the time, and we had bought a number of these kits, made the low-distortion mod on all of them and had them in use on our test benches prior to buying Sound Tech 1700A's. Nice to see these are still around and in use.....a very affordable oscillator. I must have sold mine at a TRW Radio Amateur Technical Swap Meet years later having settled with the Tek AA501/SG505 system.
          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

I have one of them, not working. HAs the alternative circuit board. ANyone want a project?

Comment

Enzo,

PM me with price/shipping/payment info and I might take it off your hands.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                Enzo,

PM me with price/shipping/payment info and I might take it off your hands.
                If The Dude doesn’t want it, i need one as a parts unit
                If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

I'll dig it out of storage. The top and bottom panels are off it, unless I find them. And it does have the alternate main board, rather than original Heath. I think I have the schematic for it.

Oh wait, I am talking about the IG-18. SOlid state really cool unit. IG-82, I might just have one of those too though. And an IG-72. I'll let you know.

Comment

Don't bust your balls over it. I'm in no hurry whatsoever. It's not something I'm in dire need of. On top of that, it's getting cold out there!

Comment

We just got several inches of snow today, but we are due some more warm days before the season ends. I have made serious progress in my storage unit over the warm months. My guy has been selling my stuff successfully.

Comment

It's -8 degrees wind chill here tonight, which should be against the law.

Comment

We just got several inches of snow today, but we are due some more warm days before the season ends. I have made serious progress in my storage unit over the warm months. My guy has been selling my stuff successfully.
                          Enzo, you have an inventory list of what you are trying to sell off? is it mostly components? or do you have some bench equipment you want to unload?

Comment

Yes, all that. My mentee decided he liked my work bench, so we got that big heavy thing out, along with the riser. He had a construction dumpster at his home recently, so we took that opportunity to pitch a couple dead MAckie powered subs. I kept the amp panels, if nothing else the PTs were good. The amps were repairable, buit blown. I was never going to rebuild them and put new speakers in the boxes. We have fixed up most of the amps and sold them, though recently offed a unused VOX AD120V (or something like that) with unrepairable computer board. Nice clean combo box with two nice new Celestion 12s. And a chassis to use. Nice project/parts for someone. Got a selection of mixers..Several work with a missing feature or two, and a couple larger mixers needing repair. We are going through the gear piece by piece, either fixing up, cleaning as is, or throwing out.
                            SOmeone is saving their allowance to buy a couple Dale 250w load resistors. Got various test gear, mostly older stuff needing overhaul, like old Heathkits. Working LV bench supplies, variac..
                            I plan to sell certain components separately. I think I still have a SAD1024, I have several 87478, the IC PV used a lot. I may even have a couple TL604 yet. MPSW92/42, 2SK30 transistors. And one day I hope to sit down and measure all the germaniums I have in a collection.
                            Just cleared a couple 2x12 cans out. A stack of Fender practice amps with no serial numbers have no commercial value, but we are donating them to individual cases where need arises. MY pal RJ does a lot for me, aand I have given him my selection of fuses, power resistors and trimmer pots, box of old stock tubes, etc. We discovered I had like seven old 300B NOS, we sold those for hundreds.

Comment

SOmeone is saving their allowance to buy a couple Dale 250w load resistors.
                              Oooh! Is it me??

Comment

Working...
                              X