No announcement yet.

Fender HotRod Deville ML Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parkway is a driveway that goes through open spaces synonymous to a park.
    Therefore parkway.
    There is more than one meaning to the term "park"

I have never accused you of being lowbrow.
    You are putting words in my mouth.

Comment

Clearly the irony is lost, so have a lovely day...
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by zimbodel View Post
        Parkway is a driveway that goes through open spaces synonymous to a park.
        Therefore parkway.
        There is more than one meaning to the term "park"

I have never accused you of being lowbrow.
        You are putting words in my mouth.
        If you ride the ass backwards you will see where you've been and what you should have done said or not argued about. Pointless drivel arguing semantics.

Nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

It all started with Michael Landau ... ...
          and via technically and grammatically we come to turkey reverb.
          It's All Over Now

Comment

Since it came up in a different thread, here is an example of 'stuffed', from one of North Americas largest manufacturers of music equipment.
            The term is standard nomenclature for my time in electronics, but that only goes back to the 80's.
            To me, the word 'placed' used here would be ambiguous as to whether the board is complete (soldered) yet. I guess 'populated' would also work, but as far as I know, 'stuffed' and 'unstuffed' are the accepted standard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stuffed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	856099
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I have also seen "installed" and "not installed" in use.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Likewise.

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                If you ride the ass backwards you will see where you've been and what you should have done said or not argued about. Pointless drivel arguing semantics.

Nosaj

Comment

That about sums it up perfectly.
                  I agree.

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
                  It all started with Michael Landau ... ...
                  and via technically and grammatically we come to turkey reverb.

Comment

I agree except that you say that "place" is ambiguous. The schematic creates the routed pcb design, and gerbers and BOM.
                    The schematic is therefore the overview of the construction for reference.
                    The "Dont Place" will therefore be in the BOM as it is in the component value or descriptor field.
                    Meaning that if Dont Place is in the the BOM, since it is in the Schematic, then it by definition will NOT be soldered, so I dont agree with your argument there about ambiguity..
                    Fender is not the only electronics company and not the most influential by far and pretty minute globally..
                    I sincerely doubt "stuffed" is the standard.
                    I think it is a local flavor, and in my opinion totally misleading with negative conectation.

You stuff something hollow and by definition of the word stuffed, you do it reasonably carelessly.
                    Doesnt make any sense using the term if it has those connectations for something as critical as a pcb.

Definition:
                    Stuffed used as a verb in relation to an object.

verb (used with object)
                    to fill (a receptacle), especially by packing the contents closely together; cram full.
                    to fill (an aperture, cavity, etc.) by forcing something into it.
                    to fill or line with some kind of material as a padding or packing.
                    to fill or cram (oneself, one's stomach, etc.) with food.
                    to fill (meat, vegetables, etc.) with seasoned bread crumbs or other savory matter.
                    to fill the preserved skin of (a dead animal) with material, retaining its natural form and appearance for display.
                    to put fraudulent votes into (a ballot box).
                    to thrust or cram (something) into a receptacle, cavity, or the like.
                    to pack tightly in a confined place; crowd together.
                    to crowd (a vehicle, room, etc.) with persons.
                    to clutter or fill (the mind) with facts, details, etc.
                    (in leather manufacturing) to treat (a skin, hide, etc.) with a composition of tallow and other ingredients.
                    to stop up or plug; block or choke (usually followed by up).

Clearly the term stuffed is completely used out of context here.

Technically you can only stuff something hollow.
                    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/stuffed

I will leave it at that.

Thank all who helped me obtain the schematic.
                    It is appreciated.

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    Since it came up in a different thread, here is an example of 'stuffed', from one of North Americas largest manufacturers of music equipment.
                    The term is standard nomenclature for my time in electronics, but that only goes back to the 80's.
                    To me, the word 'placed' used here would be ambiguous as to whether the board is complete (soldered) yet. I guess 'populated' would also work, but as far as I know, 'stuffed' and 'unstuffed' are the accepted standard.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56036[/ATTACH]
                    Last edited by zimbodel; 11-24-2019, 04:10 AM.

Comment

You stuff something that is empty, not necessarily hollow,but really...

From your own reference:
                      to fill (a receptacle), especially by packing the contents closely together; cram full.
                      to fill (an aperture, cavity, etc.) by forcing something into it.
                      An aperture is a hole or cavity or gap. Now an empty board is full of holes (And please don't argue that something cannot be full of holes since they are empty spaces) And those holes are to be filled with component leads. Hence stuffed.

The bottom line is that we know what it means, you did not but now do know, so everyone knows now. You can kick a dead horse all you like, but it won't make him alive.

Comment

Misunderstanding of Grammar and Semantics always leads to conflict.

An SMD component is placed it cannot be stuffed as there are no holes as per your definition and requirement for "stuffed" in your previopus post.

So according to your definition:
                        A throughole pcb is "stuffed"
                        while
                        An SMD board with obviously no through-holes is not stuffed ?

You cannot have it both ways right ?

So using your definition, "Stuffed" fails miraculously on SMD boards as the board has no cavities and since you use the through-holes as the prime reason for "stuffing", you are not allowed to "stuff" components on an SMD pcb board or if it is an SMD component.

So what do you call placing an SMD component ? "Stuff" ??

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        You stuff something that is empty, not necessarily hollow,but really...

An aperture is a hole or cavity or gap. Now an empty board is full of holes (And please don't argue that something cannot be full of holes since they are empty spaces) And those holes are to be filled with component leads. Hence stuffed.

Comment

Oh please...

If I go to the store and find an empty parking place, I "fill" it with my car. But there is no hole, only painted lines on the ground...just like your SMD board. The space is just a concept, an imaginary space. Yet it is still understood as a space. The space on the SMD board is there to fill with the component.

So I apologize, as I should have said space instead of hole. That confused you. The empty space where the component belongs can either be through hole or SMD. MY doctor said he had a hole in his schedule for next thursday at 3PM. Should I assume he meant the schedule book had an actual hole on the paper page? Or did he mean an open slot in the events of that day? Oh dear, "Slot". Perhaps that is better said as "Available appointment period".

Comment

If you find an open space which is by its by definition "a compass of a volume"

Then sure, it is correct to fill the volume.
                            In this case it is also correct to "stuff" as the parking space is constrained by 3 sides and since up or on the sidewalk is not possible, it forms a cavity. So you can stuff the cavity between the adjacent two cars and the road surface
                            However, again there are bad connectations using stuffed although in this case it is a correct application as it is a cavity.
                            It is not the preferred word unless you recklessly drive into the parking knowing that your car almost doesnt fit and it also includes the case that you will press and squeeze yourself into the space with damage.

But your example is correct.

In this case I definitely dont place the car, unless a boomed towtruck like they have in europe places the car there like a pick and place machine.

Clearly the towtruck places the car from the air, and dont stuff the car back into its parking space.

The SAME happens with a pick&place machine that places a component on a PCB. It is placed not stuffed.

So by your own example you see the difference between place and Stuff and that components are therefore placed.

I never heard of a PICK & STUFF machine did you ?

But, you can stuff your car all day long.
                            Thats fine with me.

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                            Oh please...

If I go to the store and find an empty parking place, I "fill" it with my car. But there is no hole, only painted lines on the ground...just like your SMD board. The space is just a concept, an imaginary space. Yet it is still understood as a space. The space on the SMD board is there to fill with the component.

So I apologize, as I should have said space instead of hole. That confused you. The empty space where the component belongs can either be through hole or SMD. MY doctor said he had a hole in his schedule for next thursday at 3PM. Should I assume he meant the schedule book had an actual hole on the paper page? Or did he mean an open slot in the events of that day? Oh dear, "Slot". Perhaps that is better said as "Available appointment period".
                            Last edited by zimbodel; 11-24-2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I apologize again, you don't understand analogy OR irony.

If you just want to rationalize how your preferred word is the only possible reasonable word to use, well there is no way to debate that. So give yourself some points.

Comment

No offense and no irony.

Have you ever heard of a "pick & Stuff" machine ? and why not.
                                Just asking.
                                To be consistent, do you call it a "Pick & Stuff" machine?
                                Last edited by zimbodel; 11-24-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X