Roland Super Cube 100 Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Super Cube 100 Schematic

Hunted high and low for schematic for Roland Super Cube 100. Note I don't need "Super Cube Bass 100" or "Cube 100" but specifically "Super Cube 100". Thanks.

Or does anybody know if contacting Roland is worth the effort?

- Bob

May I suggest YOU contact Roland and tell US whether is was worth the effort? In the past they made really excellent service manuals, on a par with Yamaha.

This may or may not help:

I have written articles on servicing without schematics. PArt of that is getting help from "wrong" schematics. SOmetimes you just need the exact drawing. But many times we need information on a circuit that is similar in multiple models. Companies often use similar circuits in many models - why re-invent the wheel? Peavey used the same power amps in model after model. So for example the power supply in the bass and guitar versions of an amp might be identical, or for that matter the power amp. SO if we are not working on the preamp, we can use the schematic of the other version. SOmetimes we find the circuit is the same, but some cap values might be a little different. A bass amp might be tweaked for bottom end. A preamp circuit might be the same other than for that. SO for example if that preamp won't pass signal, it kinda doesn't matter if the tone stack caps are different.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      May I suggest YOU contact Roland and tell US whether is was worth the effort? In the past they made really excellent service manuals, on a par with Yamaha.

This may or may not help:

I have written articles on servicing without schematics. PArt of that is getting help from "wrong" schematics. SOmetimes you just need the exact drawing. But many times we need information on a circuit that is similar in multiple models. Companies often use similar circuits in many models - why re-invent the wheel? Peavey used the same power amps in model after model. So for example the power supply in the bass and guitar versions of an amp might be identical, or for that matter the power amp. SO if we are not working on the preamp, we can use the schematic of the other version. SOmetimes we find the circuit is the same, but some cap values might be a little different. A bass amp might be tweaked for bottom end. A preamp circuit might be the same other than for that. SO for example if that preamp won't pass signal, it kinda doesn't matter if the tone stack caps are different.
      Sure, I can give that a shot. I had the impression that Roland is more of a "corporate" type entity and would be less inclined to that type of thing than some of the more organic companies and I thought that I'd check to see whether it was common knowledge around here whether or not they were a valid resource.

For the record I did look at drawings for the other similarly named amps but they weren't helpful for my particular need. Sage advice nonetheless.

Comment

I did contact the service department at Roland (Canada) but they would not or could not provide schematic or service manual.

Thanks for the links kiki but unfortunately the search continues. Again, the model in question is not the bass version. The link with the repository looked promising but the story of my life is that the one that seems nonexistent is always the one that I need :-(

Comment

If you cannot find a "free" copy of the schematic, maybe you can look at AC-DC Service Manuals.

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
            If you cannot find a "free" copy of the schematic, maybe you can look at AC-DC Service Manuals.
            Thanks Tom, that looks promising. I sent them a message asking for a preview of the title page so I can verify that it is actually for the model indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by bobloblaws View Post
              Thanks Tom, that looks promising. I sent them a message asking for a preview of the title page so I can verify that it is actually for the model indicated.
              It turns out I made the right call in asking for a preview. That one is also for the bass version.

Comment

I forgot about Canada. I always dealt with Roland USA in California.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Only
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	roland-scl-40-60-100-watt-amplifier-service-notes-factory-original-56763787.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	856093

https://imged.com/roland-scl-40-60-100-watt-amplifier-service-notes-factory-original-56763787.html

1)
                  https://www.markglinsky.com/ManualManor.html
                  Roland SCL-40/-60/-100 Guitar Amp Service Manual

2)
                  https://rtellason.com/excess.html
                  SCL-40, 60, 100 Amplifier service notes Sep. 1984
                  Last edited by vintagekiki; 11-29-2019, 03:05 PM. Reason: 2)
                  It's All Over Now

Comment

See your private messages.

Comment

Super Cube 100
                      Attached Files

Comment

sugeda Click image for larger version  Name:	thanx.gif Views:	180 Size:	1.7 KB ID:	916285
                        It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by sugeda View Post
                          Super Cube 100
                          sugeda Click image for larger version  Name:	thanx.gif Views:	180 Size:	1.7 KB ID:	916285..
                          you are such a wonderful person
                          Last edited by Boben; 05-19-2021, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sugeda View Post
                            Super Cube 100
                            Looked all internet for it and almost gave up. You're a man !

Comment

Working...
                            X