Peavey VTM 120 Won't Turn On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey VTM 120 Won't Turn On

Hello everyone, my Peavey VTM120 was plugged in at my apartment in my home recording setup. It was working fine for an hour of playing. I then turned it off and when I turned it on it powered on and then the lights seemed to get brighter on it and the whole amp shut off. It will now not power on at all with no lights showing at all. What could have happened and how could I possibly go about fixing it?

https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/the...-Schematic.pdf

You likely blew a fuse in the amp. There are 4 fuses and if one blew, it's for a reason. If you can tell us which, if any fuses blew, it might point us in the right direction. The most likely cause is a bad tube or tubes.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I appreciate the schematic but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to electronic repair. Could anyone give me a place to start looking for problems?

Comment

Post edited. See above.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

You'd have to find the fuse that blew.Replace it and plug into a current limiter (light bulb in series) and check for a short.If you get a short indication on the light bulb,begin pulling the tubes one at a time til the bulb dims and locate the short.Or take it to a tech.

Comment

Working...
          X