No announcement yet.

Converting a stand up PT to a laydown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positioning the laminations of PT and OT at right angles is a good rule. But there are (at least in theory ) different ways to achieve this. The best orientatation is with laminations at right angles AND core center leg not pointing at the other transformer. Reason is that external fields are strongest in the direction of the center leg. Of course increasing distance also helps.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
      The best orientatation is with laminations at right angles AND core center leg not pointing at the other transformer. Reason is that external fields are strongest in the direction of the center leg.
      I assume you mean that the lamination cores should (ideally) not be on a perpendicular plane? But rather, some degree of offset/diagonal?

Attached Files
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

The method I am proposing requires to know the orientations of the coilformers/center legs. The centerline through the coilformer defines the (main) magnetic axis. I suggest to orient the transformers in a way that one magnetic axis is horizontal and the other is vertical.

I am aware that depending on transformer construction/mounting this method may not be applicable (without major modifications).
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
        X