Loud Tone From Speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Tone From Speaker

Im having an issue with a solid state amplifier. When i plug the amp in and turn the speaker on, i get a loud tone coming out from the speaker. The diaphragm of the speaker also moves back and just stays there. Whats causing this?

You have a problem with the output of the amplifier and it is sending DC voltage to the speaker. It will burn up the speaker pretty quickly if given a chance.

Comment

That would most likely be DC on the speaker. Probably from a shorted output transistor or a ground fault. You should not try to operate the amp through that speaker again before it's fixed or you stand a good chance of roasting the speaker.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

+1.

The noise is usually caused by the fault placing an excessive load on the power supply, This overcomes the ability of the smoothing capacitors to maintain a steady DC supply and the ripple is heard through the speaker as a loud buzz.

Comment

TURN IT OFF you will destroy the speaker. Your power amp is "blown". Meaning something is very wrong.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X