Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another tool posting, this time it is a Tufvassons Autotransformer (variac)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another tool posting, this time it is a Tufvassons Autotransformer (variac)

Hi :-)

For this weeks question on shop tools, I would like to buy a Tufvassons "rotary transformer" for bringing up voltage slowly to a connected amplifier. I have some questions about the connections however in order to be crystal clear before connecting gear.

Here's the datasheet, which on page 2 shows the wiring setup, the outputs are banana clips...
    KIEA8_eng_tds.pdf

I am under the impression that the red is live, the black is neutral, and that the green is earth. Could someone verify that for me? I just want to make sure that I am hooking that up correctly. Also can anyone see a reason this would not work for the intended purpose?

Thanks!!
    "'He who first proclaims to have golden ears is the only one in the argument who can truly have golden ears.' The opponent, therefore, must, by the rules, have tin ears, since there can only be one golden-eared person per argument." - Randall Aiken

Yes, you are correct, and yes this is what a variac is and is used for.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I use them for light dimmers and controlling the temp of a soldering station that has no regulation.

I actually have three, and two at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Yes, you are correct, and yes this is what a variac is and is used for.
        you mean as opposed to starving a late 60's superlead of nutritional voltage?

Thanks... got what i needed!!
        "'He who first proclaims to have golden ears is the only one in the argument who can truly have golden ears.' The opponent, therefore, must, by the rules, have tin ears, since there can only be one golden-eared person per argument." - Randall Aiken

Comment

Ha, ha, going after the elusive "Brown Sound" eh?

Comment

Working...
          X