Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Analog delay and clock noise: the case of my Mooer Ana Echo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog delay and clock noise: the case of my Mooer Ana Echo...

Hi fellow members,

I've never posted in this section of the forum but sharing my experience with the product named above makes sense to me.

So, among all these pedals that I've bought / modified / built, there's a relatively cheap Mooer Ana Echo acquired a while back: I wanted to find in a smaller frame an acceptable substitute for the Ibanez AD9 that I had in the 80's and the Ibanez AD mini was not yet released...

I was remembering a bit of clock noise from the AD9 with the delay time full up... but I've realised a bit too late (after the purchase) how prominent it was with the Mooer.

Each time I've took this pedal for a gig requiring a small pedalboard, I've been more and more puzzled by this drone effect.

The only way that I've found to get rid of it has been to shorten the delay time of 50ms approximatively (by speeding up the clock).

Maybe I'll finally add a filter... or get rid of the pedal itself, since mini Mooer's are not necessarily easy to mod (done that a couple of times and replacing their surface mount components requires a good lens + not too much coffee)...

In the meantime, a message for potential users: beware with the Ana Echo, that I've seen praised more than once on the web. In mine, the trim pot meant to minimize the clock leakage doesn't work well at all. With or without further tweaking on any of the inner trim pots, the effect is not really useable for anything but short delays (at least in my case). My MXR Carbon Copy hasn't this flaw. :-)
    Last edited by freefrog; 11-28-2019, 06:22 AM.
Working...
X