Roland PM100........check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland PM100........check this out

Good evening....I have a question and maybe somebody here can answer it.....I have Roland PM 100 which has the tweeter blown.....and...apparently Roland does not stock parts in North America anymore.....all parts have to come from Japan with a lead time of a minimum of 2 months and probably much longer.....so I had asked Roland for the impedance and wattage of the tweeter...apparently they don't have that info available....after searching on line for something I decided to post here...does anybody know what the impedance and wattage of this tweeter for this unit?? Maybe somebody has one in their shop for repair.....this is a long shot but I figured that I would check....the original Roland part number is 5100058343.....
    Cheers,
    P.S. The amp is rated for 80 Watts output....

How about a photo or two of the tweeter, and the numbers printed on it, rather than the Roland stock number. Thanks for the Roland number, but it doesn't identify it generically.

It is either a piezo, easy to replace, or a compression driver. Might be something common like a Foster.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Pull it out, look for any markings or stickers as to what model it is.
      Google it.
      Chances are someone on some forum has had to replace one before.

There are many, many different ones out there, and I can usually find a substitute if the original is not available.

Places like MCM/Newark, Parts Express etc. stock many similiar replacements.

Comment

I would check with https://www.simplyspeakers.com/Roland_bymfg_94-0-1.html
        If it doesn't look like any of these call them and they will surely get you set straight. Great company and willing to please.

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Ok. got a couple of photos to post......
          CheersClick image for larger version

Name:	P1010519.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	674.1 KB
ID:	856193Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010526.JPG
Size:	675.2 KB
ID:	856194Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010527.JPG
Size:	691.5 KB
ID:	856195
          I forgot to add...the dimensions are 2 and 3/4 in. square from the edges of the frame....
          Last edited by bsco; 12-01-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

BSCO.... is the magnet permanently fixed to the flange or screwed on from the bottom side. I am wondering if you can disassemble to locate a replaceable diaphragm?

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
              BSCO.... is the magnet permanently fixed to the flange or screwed on from the bottom side. I am wondering if you can disassemble to locate a replaceable diaphragm?
              Thanks for your reply Tom....The magnet is fixed....

Comment

Well, not a piezo anyway.

Try the link from nosaj.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  Well, not a piezo anyway.

Try the link from nosaj.
                  I did that..they are too big.....the one I have is 2.75 ins square....I'll check that site later tonight to see what else is there......Have to run out for a bit......Thanks for the reply..

Comment

I recommend you CALL them on the phone, unless you see what you need right away. Most places have more stock than what shows online. And they may have cross references that are not online.

Comment

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/repla...ter-t-123.html

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        I recommend you CALL them on the phone, unless you see what you need right away. Most places have more stock than what shows online. And they may have cross references that are not online.
                        I went on their site and had a look...... they might have something that will fit the bill.....I am figuring for an amp that is 80W out, a 10 to 20W tweeter would do it.....I think the cutout in the baffle is 2 ins. but I will have to measure to make sure....Thanks for the reply......
                        Cheers

Comment

Thanks Jazz....I saw that one there but it is too big to fit where it has to go...There isn't much room there in the corner....I did see one that was 2.75 sq. ins....that would fit perfect...it is only 10 W though.....I was hoping for somewhere around 20W...as I don't know the wattage of this tweeter....the amp is listed as 80W out...

Comment

Seriously, call them anyway, they may know exactly which tweeter they carry matches.

Comment

Haha! This is the bottom ad on my screen when I visit this thread:

Attached Files
                              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                              X