B&K 440 CRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&K 440 CRT

From what I can gather, this particular tester will NOT test audio related tubes? I found a good deal on one, but all the literature I’ve found discusses TV color and black/white tube testing and rejuvenation

Originally posted by pnut5150 View Post
    From what I can gather, this particular tester will NOT test audio related tubes? I found a good deal on one, but all the literature I’ve found discusses TV color and black/white tube testing and rejuvenation
    TV screens only.

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

It is a picture tube tester...period. It checks CRTs from TV sets, video monitors, and the like. it will test them, and can rejuvenate them. The electron guns weaken over time, the image gets dim. By putting certain voltages on the elements inside and running the heater voltage WAY up for a short while, it bakes some life back into the tube. I used to do a lot of color monitor work, and I used mine all the time. Mine was a different make and model, but same idea.

I don't know just how this particular one performs, it looks older like for monchrome.

It will not test any tubes from amplifiers.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X