Jet City Custom 22 Depth Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet City Custom 22 Depth Mod

I do not have and can not find schematics for my Jet City CUSTOM 22 (not to be confused with the original JCA 22H)

I wish to install the depth mod. While studying my circuit board and trying to determine the NFB resistor, I originally thought it was R59. However, I think that assumption may be wrong. While staring at this thing, it suddenly dawned on me that the Custom 22 might have a fixed depth circuit in it. I realized that R59 which I was earlier questioning as the NFB resistor, has a capacitor (C10) in parallel, this has me thinking that R42 is the NFB resistor. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate or not?

Secondly, If this am does have a stock fixed depth mod in it, is it worth going through the trouble of installing a variable depth control?

Thanks!

You probably have a 4n7 cap with a 100k in parallel,just replace that resistor with a 1M audio pot

Comment

Originally posted by alexradium View Post
      You probably have a 4n7 cap with a 100k in parallel,just replace that resistor with a 1M audio pot

You are correct. That is a 4n7 cap and the resistor does indeed appear to be 100k. I am glad you suggested replacing that resistor with the pot as I was hoping to head in that direction. It will certainly make that mod a lot cleaner. Thank you for your help.

Comment

It's absolutely having a tweakable control. Takes two seconds to install, too.

Comment

Working...
        X