YADTMI - yet another dual triode mixing idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
    Linear in respect of what? Light emission vs current or current vs voltage?
    Current vs Voltage. The on resistance is very low and I would suspect it to clamp the voltage around 1.5V, and not increase much more than a 100mV or so.

fairchild red 5mm led mv50152 datasheet.pdf
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Current vs Voltage.
      I can't imagine an LED (or other diode) being linear around the transition between very low and higher currents, i.e. around the threshold voltage. This non-linearity will introduce some distortion but hopefully only at a g2 current level where the signal would get distorted anyway.

Current vs voltage linearity above the threshold voltage doesn't matter as the LED will (hopefully ) light and indicate overload.
      Last edited by Helmholtz; 12-29-2019, 08:56 PM.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
        I can't imagine an LED (or other diode) being linear around the transition between very low and higher currents, i.e. around the threshold voltage. This non-linearity will introduce some distortion but hopefully only at a g2 current level where the signal would get distorted anyway.

Current vs voltage linearity above the threshold voltage doesn't matter as the LED will (hopefully ) light and indicate overload.
        Right, looking at the graph, that’s the area of it’s most drastic curve.
        If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
          Right, looking at the graph, that’s the area of it’s most drastic curve.
          Sure, I just wondered why you stressed the "extreme" linearity.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
          X