The CP 1-22 on Fender Deville which ones used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CP 1-22 on Fender Deville which ones used

I need to verify what CPs are used and not used on Fender Deville. 1996. Before I switch a CP power connection to the wrong CP I need information. The schematic shows several not used but that’s not correct.

Please post the schematic you are speaking of. There are several and we need to be talking about the same one.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi Daves, welcome. But I agree, we need to know what you have. First, Fender doesn't make a "DeVille", but they do make a "Hot Rod DeVille" and a "Blues DeVille", and for that matter a "Hot Rod DeVille III". The circuits are similar but different.

The schematic shows several not used but that’s not correct.
      If you are talking the connection posts around the power transformer? For the 120v version there are indeed several unused ones. They are used when wiring a 240v transformer. In fact, there is a chart right in the middle of the page as to the 240v alternate connections, on the original Blues DeVille and Hot Rod DeVille drawings. On some others like the Blues DeVille reissue, that central chart is missing, but they have a number of individual drawings for the various alternative mains voltage wiring schemes.

Find the schematic that matches your unit and follow the schematic.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X