Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At a jam and not my band but I’m playing a $100 guitar through a $200 solid state amp.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At a jam and not my band but I’m playing a $100 guitar through a $200 solid state amp.......

Jay Tursner guitar off of Craig’s List for $100 through a Boss SS “backline” amp..

Last edited by olddawg; 12-15-2019, 10:09 PM.

Totally random, off the wall, and unrehearsed...

Comment

It's your "secret weapon" combination, at long last you found it! Lucky, some of us never do...
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
        It's your "secret weapon" combination, at long last you found it! Lucky, some of us never do...
        Lol... I have a pick shoved into the neck pocket of that guitar to raise the action and it was the “backline” amp at jam.

Comment

Nice !!! I would be proud if I were you, good playing !

There's a place for every sound under the Sun, my Son !

At the right moment, and at the right time, with some good playing and a good band to back you up, and no matter what you play through it's going to sound good !

I had one or two impromptu performances when I was a youg'un using someone else's equipment, and if I recall it correctly it was similar to what you used, a beat up Kay guitar, and a Kustom solid state Blue Metal Flake padded amp... It sounded good that night despite all odds, and we got a lot of screaming applause for the couple of numbers we did ! Then a while later the cops had to shut down the loud and wild Keg party, and that was that !

Keep up the good work !
          " Things change, not always for the better. " - Leo_Gnardo

Comment

Nice! I have a couple Jay Turser guitars and I like them. I have played some that were duds, though. One of mine didn't come to life until I did a pickup swap.

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
              Nice! I have a couple Jay Turser guitars and I like them. I have played some that were duds, though. One of mine didn't come to life until I did a pickup swap.
              Interesting... what I like about this one is the Mini Humbucker pickup. I’m sure it’s a $15 pickup at best, but it has a lot of output and isn’t microphonic. It also has a piezo in the bridge and a blend pot, but I have the piece dialed out for this of course. This guitar does have a “spider” bridge and is a real resonator.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                Interesting... what I like about this one is the Mini Humbucker pickup. I’m sure it’s a $15 pickup at best, but it has a lot of output and isn’t microphonic. It also has a piezo in the bridge and a blend pot, but I have the piece dialed out for this of course. This guitar does have a “spider” bridge and is a real resonator.
                I like my JT Les Paul copy more than most of the real LPs I've tried.

Comment

From a similar jam using my double neck Tele (that I made for $450 from parts.. really cheap pickups too) straight into a Bugera V22.

Comment

What's fun is that you still sound like YOU through both rigs. What that means (to me) is that you've got a style and technique that works and you've made your own. Big

One of the best compliments I ever received was along the same lines. An old bandmate came out to see a show where I was filling in for the regular guitar player. This was long after my gigging days and I was admittedly rusty. He said "You sounded like a bad imitation of yourself." Which I took to mean I had a valid style and technique of my own at some earlier time

You, however, seem to be staying in the game and holding onto it. Kudos in the extreme.
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                      What's fun is that you still sound like YOU through both rigs. What that means (to me) is that you've got a style and technique that works and you've made your own. Big

One of the best compliments I ever received was along the same lines. An old bandmate came out to see a show where I was filling in for the regular guitar player. This was long after my gigging days and I was admittedly rusty. He said "You sounded like a bad imitation of yourself." Which I took to mean I had a valid style and technique of my own at some earlier time

You, however, seem to be staying in the game and holding onto it. Kudos in the extreme.
                      Thanks Chuck... people always say that I have my own style and can identify me on recordings. I’m old now and my music career is mostly water under the bridge. But I still like to play live in front of people. I’ve bounced back pretty well from my heart attack and do this as well as play in my regular band.

Comment

Here’s one with a full horn section... just having fun.. totally impromptu, never played it before..

Comment

LP Custom “Thinline”. Factory coil tap and “Champagne” finish..

Comment

Working...
                          X