Mystery Electar Schematic Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Electar Schematic Wanted

Looking for a schematic for an Electar Amplifier, model is ????? I can say it is pre-war, very basic amp. It has a single control mounted on the chassis (vol?) The tube compliment is a 5Z3 rectifier and 2 6L6 P-P outputs. Pre-amp section has a 27, 76 and a third tube not marked, but does have a grid cap. The speaker is a 12" Rola electro-dynamic (Not PM). The filter caps are two square boxes mounted below the chassis (Both are bad, but are 8 mf/450V x2.)

I am attempting a refurbish, likely I can guess at some values, but would like a schematic to confirm if possible.

Can you post some pictures?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Electar.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	856325

Here are a top and bottom view of the chassis. The silver box is actually one of the two electrolytics that have been removed. They were located where the terminal strip is now positioned, replacement filters have not yet been installed but will go on that term strip. I have started the recap at this point.

On the bottom view I have a question related to the old electrolytic soldered to the filter choke case. It is a 10 Mf 200 V electrolytic and appears original. But notice, one side is soldered directly to the chassis, the other to the case of filter which is bolted to the chassis. Why? Both ends are at ground potential and shorted together through the chassis / case.
      Iwould say somebody added that but the solder looks original to all other joints.

The only control on this amp is hidden behind the tubes on the top of the chassis. The front of the box simply has the speaker opening with a hinged panel over it and the Epiphone logo and grill cloth covering the speaker. No controls / pilot lights, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X