Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New book on LTSpice Circuit Sim. by Richard Kuehnel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New book on LTSpice Circuit Sim. by Richard Kuehnel.

Just saw that he published a new book in September on simulating guitar amplifier circuits using LTspice.
    Guitar Amplifier Electronics: Circuit Simulation
    I have his book on designing output stages, and will probably get this book as well.

Anyone read familiar with this one yet?
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Will buy, thanks for the tip!

I'm sure I will like it just as his other tube books.

Edit: Just ordered at amazon.com.
    Last edited by Helmholtz; 12-18-2019, 02:10 PM.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

The Author has published a more theoretical book on using LTSPICE with tube a few years ago, hasn't he?
      (I remember from the now defunct roehrenbude forum).

Comment

Richard sent me a copy (green cover) for review...he also sent me a copy of his newest (red cover) book: Fundamentals of Guitar Amplifier System Design
        Last edited by Old Tele man; 12-20-2019, 11:12 PM.
        ...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Comment

Richard sent me a copy (green cover) for review.
          So what is your review?
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tele man View Post
            Richard sent me a copy (green cover) for review...he also sent me a copy of his newest (red cover) book: Fundamentals of Guitar Amplifier System Design
            Uh oh... He didn't say "Watts RMS", did he?
            If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Unfortunately, he does, especially in the green book; for example, on page 66 in Chapter 3: "At full power, the Champ creates about 5W RMS in a 3.2Ω secondary load."

And, there are a couple in the red book; one on page 16 in Chapter 1: "...so the amp is at full power, a very loud 60 watts RMS.", and another on page 163.

However, I believe what he was wanting to convey was that the power levels were created from sinusoidal test input signals and NOT from real guitar "music" inputs....ie: test vs. real-world inputs.
              Last edited by Old Tele man; 12-22-2019, 07:43 PM.
              ...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tele man View Post
                Unfortunately, he does, especially in the green book; for example, on page 66 in Chapter 3: "At full power, the Champ creates about 5W RMS in a 3.2Ω secondary load."

And, there are a couple in the red book; one on page 16 in Chapter 1: "...so the amp is at full power, a very loud 60 watts RMS.", and another on page 163.

However, I believe what he was wanting to convey was that the power levels were created from sinusoidal test input signals and NOT from real guitar "music" inputs....ie: test vs. real-world inputs.
                .. so. I guess it has to fall on us, Tele. Are we gonna' let it slide this time?

Comment

If CE recommends "watts RMS" on product marking, what are you going to do?

https://web.archive.org/web/20110722...dards/3108.asp

Comment

I decided to use "mean (or average) sine power" instead, here on the MEF to avoid further discussion. Definition being Pav = Vrms*Irms* PF, single frequeny, PF being the power factor (PF =1 for resistive load).
                    In Germany we use the term "Sinusleistung" (= sine power).
                    Last edited by Helmholtz; 12-23-2019, 08:41 PM.
                    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
                    X