No announcement yet.

Weber 5G15/Fender 6G15 reverb grounding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I claim a transformer has "no impedance", I make every effort to ALWAYS include "inherent". it has no inherent impedance. In other words you cannot measure transformer impedance with a meter.
    I guess you saw my edit in post #40?

As said, real world transformers do have measurable impedance (mainly DCR + inductance). This inherent impedance shunts connected and reflected circuit impedances and is the reason for the magnetizing current, which flows with and without load. It is essential that this inherent transformer impedance is considerably higher than connected and reflected impedances at all frequencies to be transferred. So a 100k to 50k transformer will need to be constructed different from an 8 Ohm to 4 Ohm transformer.

so it would seem to me any potential red plating would be due to DC conditions, not demands of the signal path.
    I emphasized that red plating is of no concern with high plate impedance/low average plate current (assuming reasonable idle plate current).
    Last edited by Helmholtz; 01-23-2020, 10:56 PM.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
      I reconsidered and think you should better use 1k/1W or 1.5k/2W as screen resistor with your mismatched load.
      I installed a 1.3k/2w. Best I could find locally.
      I also have a 1.5k/5w, but it's awfully big for that little area.

Just for my own amusement. I scoped the 6v6 output going into the tank and after the recovery stage going out to the output jack. I used ~250mv pk-pk input signal. I got a nice clean smooth sine coming out of the 6V6 and out of the recovery stage. Played the reverb for about an hour straight. No problems.

Comment

Working...
      X