No announcement yet.

Mackie Mixer repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shure RK143G Replacement Mic Grille for SM58 (Wired and Wireless) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002GZOS0..._lRMeEbMN870C7

I use these a lot.. $8 free shipping usually.. For live vocals I like an SM58 Beta.. I hate it when some front has to use a condenser mic live. Always too hot.. always issues..

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
      Shure RK143G Replacement Mic Grille for SM58 (Wired and Wireless) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002GZOS0..._lRMeEbMN870C7

I use these a lot.. $8 free shipping usually.. For live vocals I like an SM58 Beta.. I hate it when some front has to use a condenser mic live. Always too hot.. always issues..
      Thanks for that link olddawg, gonna buy a handful of them.

And yes, condensers on vocals, not such a good thing live. Too much bandwidth. Don't need to go to 20 Hz nor up to 25K. Not every console has lowcut & hicut filters. I'm still a fan of the original '58. For me, the beta has too much sizzle 10-12 KHz, I gotta notch it out or else entertain all the bats & dogs for miles around with super high freq squeeks. Shure landed on a winner with the plain vanilla '58 as far as I'm concerned.

FWIW one day I got to A/B regular SM58 with the venerable 55S "JFK" mic. Surprisingly near identical, the 55S a tad mellow in the high end, perfect for acts presenting "legacy" music from the 40's 50's & early 60's.

Here ya go Elvis:

Rust & corrosion, so what, it's still a classic.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe how much the price of those 58 balls has dropped. I bet I can guess where they are having them made though.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

From what I understand the “basic” design of the transducer/element is pretty much the same. I’m pretty sure 57 and 58s are the same.. the difference being the pattern. I have a bunch of Behringer XM5800s. They aren’t quite a 58.. but for $15 apiece with a case and mic holder, they can’t be beat and have steel bodies too.
          Last edited by olddawg; 01-06-2020, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X