Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstalling Opera from Windows

Hi chaps-

can anyone help me uninstall a browser thing. Opera. Its not seen in my control panel > programs list, anywhere. It is seen on my bar below here (v) though.. so its been installed afaict. Its likely taking up a chunk of space on my PC, & like me after all my chocs at xmas its really rather constipated as a result.

thanks SC
    Last edited by big_teee; 01-09-2020, 01:52 PM. Reason: Title clarity!

Try this.
    http://www.uninstallapp.com/article/...ser-10.62.html

Comment

When posting here, please specify your operating system and version.
      Since we cover Windows, Mac, Android, and lots of Linux here in this sub forum, we need to know what you're dealing with?
      If on windows, please specify XP, 7, 8, 10, etc.
      They all do things a bit differently.
      Thanks,
      Terry/Mod
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
        Thanks JazzP..

there's a blue button btm of page "Download certified opera 10.62 uninstaller".. would you think this is safe to click on?

trouble is other ways tell me to find Opera in my programs/ but I cannot find it listed (& other Youtube clip way very complicated).

thanks. SC

Comment

"Download certified opera 10.62 uninstaller".. would you think this is safe to click on?"
          No idea.

Comment

I'd try booting into 'safe mode' and see if it's still missing from the programs list in control panel.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I downloaded the 10.62 exe to a download folder, and scanned it for viruses.
              It shows to contain malware.
              T
              Attached Files
              Last edited by big_teee; 01-07-2020, 01:55 PM.
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

I use the free version of geek uninstaller - link
                It doesn't need installing just extract it and click on it.
                If Opera shows up in the list select it and do - "Action" then "Force removal"
                It doesn't contain any malware.

Comment

Ok thanks for help- I'll try Dave's link tonight/ good job I didn't click on that blue 'uninstall' button then.

Comment

I've opened this geek link, but not quite sure what I'm doing/ where I need to click to 'extract it'. Ive followed my nose as far as I can do, but "action > forced removal" I cannot see anywhere.

I do see this opera thing in my downloads.. I think it was a 'light/ takeaway' version I have.. whether the geek link's made this now visible I don't know. So I just shoved it into recycle bin: whether this is 'gone' now I'm not sure, but thanks anyway/ Ive got further than I did before for sure.

thx SC

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
                      I've opened this geek link, but not quite sure what I'm doing/ where I need to click to 'extract it'. Ive followed my nose as far as I can do, but "action > forced removal" I cannot see anywhere. SC
                      OK, It's a .exe file inside a zip archive. It will run inside the zip without extracting.

Download the "ZIP (2.52MB)" file to your desktop (say) from the ink in my post above. Double click on the downloaded file geek.zip then double click on geek.exe in the window which will open the geek uninstaller. Click on Opera in the "Program Name" list then select "Action" on the geek top bar then select "Force Removal" from the drop down list then "Yes" on the pop up to confirm removal. It's just basic computer stuff, easier to do than to describe.
                      Last edited by Dave H; 01-07-2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Appreciated Dave H.

Alas I can't find the geek.exe in the window (downloaded geek.zip ok > opened ok > see a 'geek' single line of text only, no geek.exe > try to open but can't. RH click/ open.. & it declines me).

I have used it -I think- to get the Opera thing removed from my bar below (v).. but whether that's properly gone & not still sitting s'where slowing xyz up is a bit beyond me to establish I think, even with your help!

Comment

Can we not post the exe file right in this thread, no zip?
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

https://geekuninstaller.com/download

Last edited by big_teee; 01-08-2020, 01:03 AM.
                            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
                              Alas I can't find the geek.exe in the window (downloaded geek.zip ok > opened ok > see a 'geek' single line of text only, no geek.exe > try to open but can't. RH click/ open.. & it declines me).
                              Do you have "Hide extensions for known file types" ticked in folder view options? That would show 'geek.exe' as 'geek' but it doesn't matter just double left click on 'geek' and it should run without extracting.

Comment

Working...
                              X