Late 70s kustom ii amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 70s kustom ii amp

I just picked this up. It has a slight hum on one channel.and a bad one on the other. I'm almost positive it's a ground loop issue. Does anyone have a schematic?

Many of the Kustom schematics are by circuit board instead of model number. Check your circuit board numbers against those on this page (link below). If that doesn't help, please list the numbers on your boards, and someone here may have them.

http://www.vintagekustom.com/literat...h/AmpList.html
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

That's where I found my schematics when I needed to repair one of those amps. Great resource. Most of the Kustom amps were "modular" in that they were comprised of a combination of available circuit boards and the boards are individually assigned as units. So you can't really look up an amp schematic as well as you can look up the PCB schematics on this site.

And I seriously doubt the hum is a ground loop. Even though it may sound like one. These amps didn't hum from the factory and they aren't commonly modded or friendly to the effort. So a ground loop would have come from the factory. Which it didn't so it's probably not a ground loop.

More likely one or more of your output transistors is failing and putting DC on the speaker. Which is very bad for the speaker so you should check for this and then never turn the amp on into a speaker again before it's repaired.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I agree with defining the board #'s.
        There is a Kustom II bass, guitar & a PA amp.

Comment

Working...
        X