Digitech Vocalist Live 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech Vocalist Live 2

Got a Digitech VL2 that got rained on. Unfortunately was on when happened. Only sign of life is all the lights on. Power adapters fine. Frozen.

I think main PCB underneath controls got fried. Any suggestions?? The controls still work well on this one so I was thinking about getting another one with bad controls, but good, or repairable PCB underneath.

Has it been thoroughly dried out? Rainwater is not usually conductive enough in itself to cause damage in low-voltage circuits, but the resistance can be enough to act as a logic pull-up or pull-down and affect operation. Did you open up the case and leave it somewhere warm for a few days? - sitting on a newspaper on top of a radiator, for example. Water can get inside switches and underneath SMD components and take a log time to dry. Next step would be to do a factory reset. If this doesn't work, try to do a firmware reload off the Digitech package. I've reloaded Vocalist firmware off the Digitech site and loaded it using MIDIOX.

Comment

Agree with Mick^^^^.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

And if any chips are socketed, I'd pull them out and re-insert in case they got oxidized.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Unfortunately, no midi port or usb port. Know what your talking about though. Only way to fix a keyboard via midi port.

Yes been dried out. Went as far as disassembling, and cleaning with 90% alcohol with compressed air afterwards. However the owner had it several days after the accident and who knows what was done. According to the customer, tried it several times after the fact.

No chips are socketed.

It does have a 7809 regulator. Also has SMD preamp chips. Wondering is a preamp chip went bad and causing issue.

Comment

MIDI or USB? Most reinitializations are done internally. Usually by holding some combination of buttons as you power up.

CALL Digitech and ask for a factory reset instruction. Same thing as a reinitialization sequence.

Worst case is it doesn't help.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken: To reset, hold down both foot switches and power up.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
              X