B&k 3010 function generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&k 3010 function generator

The sine, square, & triangle waves produced by my unit are not a steady frequency. Viewed on the o-scope they have a slight compression/expansion effect and prevents me from making the adjustments shown in the manual.
    Anybody care to offer a possible solution?

3010_manual.pdf

Can you hear this? Any chance it is a triggering issue on the scope?

Are all the power supplies CLEAN, and up to voltage?

The manual is nice, but there is no schematic in it that I see.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes I can hear it pulsing, and only at a certain freq position does it clean up at all.
      I measured the voltage supply's to the LM324 chips.
      1 measures +24v, and - 5v, the other is -20v and +5v
      I suppose therein lies the problem, as they should be similar and more less equal I think.
      I'll try tracing the circuit back to see if I can find what's wrong.
      Be great to have a schematic but I've had no luck finding one.

Comment

See if that -20v line has excess ripple on it. You might have a beat frequency happening between signal and ripple.

Did you google B&K 3010? I just did, and first hit at the top was the Boat Anchor Archive, which included your schematic.

http://bama.edebris.com/download/b&k...schematics.pdf
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you! Indeed that was the problem and after changing the cap, was able to make the calibration. All good
          Thanks again!

Comment

Almost like I had super powers...

Comment

Doesn't seem too far-fetched. Clearly you can already fly, with much grace and elan.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Have you seen Grace lately?

Click image for larger version

Name:	grace_slick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	856475

Comment

Working...
                X