wooden chopstick vs plastic pencil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporks will fly...
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hadn't heard that word for a very long time - maybe 30 years or more! They advertised them on TV in the 70s over here. Pretentious types at cocktail parties eating with a Spork.

Reminds me of Clamato.

Comment

Over here, plastic sporks are common in take-out food. You can use it for either utensil, and the restaurant only need to put one utensil in your purchase. TO be honest, I prefer one over chopsticks. I can use chopsticks no problem, but never saw a reason to not use my usual utensils just because I had Chinese food. But at Chinese places I DO snag the chopsticks, for shop use.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
          Reminds me of Clamato.
          Had to Google that one. I've (fortunately) never come across it. It sounds disgusting.

Clamato /kləˈmætoʊ/ is a commercial drink made of reconstituted tomato juice concentrate and sugar, which is flavored with spices, dried clam broth and MSG.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
            Had to Google that one. I've (fortunately) never come across it. It sounds disgusting.

Clamato /kləˈmætoʊ/ is a commercial drink made of reconstituted tomato juice concentrate and sugar, which is flavored with spices, dried clam broth and MSG.
            Oh, You're really missing out! EVERYBODY in the U.S. drinks it, every day!
            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

I like the stuff. In certain things, in certain locales... SOMEbody likes it; we certainly got a case or two every month when I worked at the Fewd Dawg.

Justin
              "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
              "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
              "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

I eat some pretty questionable stuff and I won't touch Clamato... Or fish sauce.
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

Big item in Canada - the basis of their Caesar - basically a bloody Mary made with Clamato. Hm... so that's where the stuff goes. Once again, thanks Canadians, for helping dispose of this misbegotten mixer.

I suppose if Clamato isn't on your grocery shelf, you could approximate one by squeezing a nice fat clam or two into your bloody Mary. As if it isn't crowded enough with Worcestishoe sauce, horseradish, celery, lemon & whatnot.
                  This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Here's how we do Bloody Mary in Maryland.

Last edited by rjb; 01-15-2020, 03:56 PM.
                    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Clamato is revolting enough on its own, why ruin perfectly good tomato juice? But what it REALLY nauseating is "Bud Light with Clamato". Yes, you can buy cans of beer with clamato already mixed in. EWWWWG. Now lest we think that a rarity, my local tiny convenience store has limited shelf space in the cooler, yet they must sell enough of the stuff it has its own place in that cooler.

rjb, I grew up in MAryland, and I do miss the crab shacks. A sheet of either kraft paper or newspaper on the table top, and dump a pile of steamed blue crabs on it. Pass around nutcrackers. Make a mess. Goes well with beer.

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
                        Here's how we do Bloody Mary in Maryland.
                        Heck that's not a cocktail, it's a meal! Gimme a spork please.

How did I know there would be a crab in it?

Comment

Leo got it, you can't make a Caesar without Clamato.
                          Generally just with a stick of celery, but this is a 'full dressed' version. Must have salt & pepper on the rim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ceasar_01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	856503
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                            Leo got it, you can't make a Caesar without Clamato.
                            Generally just with a stick of celery, but this is a 'full dressed' version. Must have salt & pepper on the rim.
                            Hevvins sakes! That looks like a contender for Missus Murphy's Chowder. Being a Canadian specialty I expect there must be some maple syrup in there.

Comment

Now that would have me hurling. Such a fine line between patriotic and abomination.
                              Originally posted by Enzo
                              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                              X