‘93 Blues DeVille - low volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g1 View Post
    The voltages on the layout drawing shown for C35 & C42 should be shown at C45 & C46.
    Ah, You're right. That must be where it went funny. I couldn't figure out how they got those voltages.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hey all

Well it seems this issue is resolved...by just plugging the speaker into the correct output and not the extension speaker jack!

The back panel of these amps doesn’t list which is which, and this is the way it came in. The amp is from a high school music club and so who knows what kind of monkeying was done with it.

It was from reading other posts about the Blues Deville and Deluxe on this forum that I found a post by Enzo that suggested that perhaps that person’s amp had the speaker in the wrong jack.

A lot of necessary maintenance got taken care of on this Amp so it wasn’t a total waste of time.

Thanks everybody for their kind and helpful attention!

Comment

I think there may be a sticker inside the cab that shows which jack is which, but like you say, they are not labelled on the back panel.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Once you have been in a few Fender amps you recognize the main speaker jack is the one with the shorting contact, the extension jack lacks it. Been a long time ago now, but we had a run of HR DeVilles through that had bad main speaker jacks. They are the right type, but the contact blade was slightly out of shape, and so the speaker plug did not reliably open the shunt contact. It is just on the edge of touching, so now and then... A tiny tweak with my duckbills and all good.

I am glad you sorted it out.
          Last edited by Enzo; 01-22-2020, 01:05 AM.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo - thanks and much respect to you for all the help and knowledge you've sent my way over the years. You Rock!

Comment

Hey! At the very least this thread detected a gross error in this models layout diagram. And that could help someone in the future
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                Check the plate voltages on the PI tube. One of the resistors for the PI plates may have opened.
                This is almost exactly what happens with these amps. The plate resistors are undervalued and tend to fail fairly easily.

Comment

Working...
                X