Alamo Paragon help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alamo Paragon help

I would love to get a copy of the schematic for this amp too! I have an Alamo Paragon combo with the big 15" speaker that needs some TLC and it sucks to go poking around in there blind. Would appreciate any help that may be out there. Thanks!

This is a tall order. I guess there's a few incarnations of the "Paragon" and no one has ever seen a schematic for any of them. It's possible someone has drawn one for themselves, but would it be your amp? Drawing a schematic isn't as daunting as it seems. Start with all the symbols spread out schematic style-ish on the biggest piece of paper you have. Then connect the dots with components like the resistors and capacitors (diodes, etc.). Yes you'll need to figure out the values, but the caps probably have it written right there and resistors have color codes. This would be your rough copy. You'll want to see what's happening then and draw a more legible version. Your components won't match up, but something like this:

Attached Files
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I draw out schematics all the time. I too start with just the tubes. If there are odd tubes like 6SK7 or 6C4 that I don't remember the tube pin numbers, I add them to the drawing. I also start with the general Fender Bassman schematic in mind. Most amps are fairly close. You have a push pull power stage? Most amps are, and most are about the same. You can determine cathode boas or fixed bias in a couple seconds.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X