Hot Rod Deluxe Hum 1996 First Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Deluxe Hum 1996 First Gen

First real Amp repair -please be gentle.

Gifted a HR Deluxe that sounded like a dying elephant. OT had been recently replaced. Three of the pots had been damaged- Drive, Reverb, Master. Replaced all three with appropriate values.

Had original IC caps, two were oozing I replaced all four and the 3 smaller caps at the tube sockets from Fromel. Went fine but as I was re-installing the main board the green ground wire pulled out os the PCB socket. I was unable to get the green wire back in the PCB so I soldered it to the pad on top of the same board hole.

Getting minor hum with no instrument connected that increases with pot gain and the boost channel hums way louder and with gain. Amp was pretty quiet until the ground separated. Is there another location on the board to get a good ground close to the chassis ground attachment? Or, am I looking for the wrong thing?

Thanks.

" I was unable to get the green wire back in the PCB so I soldered it to the pad on top of the same board hole. "

WHy were you not able to get the green wire back in the PCB? That should be easy enough. Maybe the copper sleeve that connects one side of the board to the other side thru that hole got damaged? Put a meter on where it is connected now and see what the resistance to chassis is. Should be less than 1 ohm.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Working...
    X