Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powering a Car Subwoofer using Active Loudspeaker Amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering a Car Subwoofer using Active Loudspeaker Amp?

Hey guys, this is my first post. The sub speaker (krk 10s) that I needed to monitor my everything has died and I need to figure something out while it's waiting to be respawned. So here's what I'm working with for ideas:

Edison m2000 bluetooth loud speaker, 12" subwoofer in the box with standard speaker wire hook ups, time and a bit of reckless abandon

https://s7d6.scene7.com/is/image/bjs/156877813__alt2?$bjs-Zoom$

you can see the rear panel of the edisons amplifier there. All in all, its a pretty terrible sounding speaker. the tweeters are ear piercing and there's really no getting good dynamics from it. I'm looking for advice on what I can do to basically just route the amp out to power the sub speaker. Is this even a good idea? I'm a little desperate. I do not own a soldering gun.

it occurs to me that I also have an old probably not functioning car sub amplifier i have no reservations about parting out to get a proper signal

Comment

Hmmm, we'll (minimally) need a schematic to help out!
      It may be difficult to get a decent sub out signal from this Edison (he was deaf after all) but a schematic will help immensely

Soldering is easy! Check this $15 kit
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QNPFXX3/ref=emc_b_5_t
      it says pro right on it!

Comment

Try this to cure ear splitting tweeters. it takes ten seconds and it helps or it doesn't. GO all Bose on them and turn your speakers to face away from you. Bounce the sound off the wall. Don't let the tweets beam right at you. Any good?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've decided on discovering ANOTHER piece of hardward, not to part out the edison. am I able to post photographs here? Cuerrently IM LOOKING AT A jvc ks-ax6300, its missing one of the 2 20 amp fuses and i dont think its been tested, what appears to be a SONY currently unidentified amplifier, and a beast of a sub woofer. the sony is packing a 120v 2.5A fuse that isnt blow so thATS a good sign, but its missing whatever power connectors it had to go out from the wall, so i plugged directly in from the wall into the two prongs labeled P.S (power supply i assumed) but it didnt appear to do anything. looking like its missing an on switch

Comment

Working...
          X