Mission Amp Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Amp Instructions

Hi, I was almost ready to buy a 5e3 kit from weber but, then I found out about the Mission 5e3 kit which seemed to have better quality parts. I have tried to call Mission amps and E-mail them with no luck. My main question is, are the instructions for the mission 5e3 amp kit as clear as the wiring layout on the weber web site? I have a hard time following schematics and would be lost if I only had that to go on. Do the mission 5e3 kits come with pictures or wiring layouts of how the board is wired? Thanks, Gerard

Gerard, +1 on Mission 5E3's. I built one and it turned out great. It's my favorite amp. Bruce's instructions are great. There is also a web address for step by step pictures. Bruce just moved his shop and is having difficulty porting his tele number over so communications on phone are challenging for him right now. I traded emails yesterday with him on this board. He'll probably see this and chime in today.

Good luck with your build and I can't recommend Mission high enough.
    Jerry

Comment

On my way to great tone with Mission

Thanks for your recomendation Jerry. After reading many old and
      new threads, it seems that Mission amps is the way to go. You guy's speak highly of Mission amps, so I went ahead and ordered the 5e3 kit from
      Mission. I feel confident that it will be a quality amp. Thanks again. Gerard

Comment

In conjunction with the included layouts and schematic artwork, the URL where I store pictures of various stages of 5E3 kits being built has images like the one below.
        It helps my novice builders to actually see one and makes it easier for me to have a tech conversation with them while we both are looking at the same picture vs their project amp.
        Attached Files
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Just a quick question:

When I built my Tweedies there weren't any "instructions" per se...just the (very good) diagram.

Do you include an instruction-guide with your kits now?

Comment

Originally posted by TD_Madden View Post
            Just a quick question:

When I built my Tweedies there weren't any "instructions" per se...just the (very good) diagram.

Do you include an instruction-guide with your kits now?
            No, I prefer the schematic with voltages, the nearly full size colored layout, extra layout art work for those troublesome areas, many stored photos and of course, the "one on one" questions from a builder...
            it all still seems to work well.
            Bruce

Mission Amps
            Denver, CO. 80022
            www.missionamps.com
            303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
              No, I prefer the schematic with voltages, the nearly full size colored layout, extra layout art work for those troublesome areas, many stored photos and of course, the "one on one" questions from a builder...
              it all still seems to work well.
              As I recall the links at your site included very detailed pictures from all sorts of angles which were extremely helpful in figuring things out. Rather than spell out specific directions on how to get from Point A to Point B, you defined the destination for us very well so we could figure it out on our own.

So Bruce, do you still make the kits with detailed instructions for schools, etc.? I thought that was a great idea, too.

Steve Ahola
              The Blue Guitar
              www.blueguitar.org
              Some recordings:
              https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Mission amps only offer one kit?
                The 5E3
                Thats all I could see on their website

Comment

Working...
                X