Peavey volume control manufacturer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey volume control manufacturer?

Looking for a replacement for a pre-volume control on a Basic 112 amp. I see a T and a symbol with an S in a circle stamped on the back of the pot. Anyone know who manufactures these for Peavey?

A lot of the Peavey pots have their part number on the pot itself. Is there a 311 or 711 something number? Otherwise call Peavey parts and they will help you out.

Might it be this one?

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/256...-and-basic-112
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

You could actually CALL customer service at Peavey and ask them that. But be aware they did not necessarily use only one manufacturer. Alps, Noble, Alpha, others, all will make similar if not identical parts. ALL pots for a company like Peavey would be made to spec - ie custom made. SO if you are thinking of going to that T company and asking for a replacement, think again.

That sure looks like the right part, Dude.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

PV pots usually have the number. Older ones had the full number 71190512, then some had just the 90512 part. And even later some would just say #512. 711 and 311 are interchangeable. They renumbered parts when they went overseas. Careful. Most PV parts people are sharp, buit now and then you ask for a 71190512 and they tell you they no longer have them. If you don't think to ask for 31190512 then, some of them won't think of it either.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

That sure looks like the right part, Dude.
          That looks different from the one in the amp. This is a 1995 basic so maybe they changed the PCB layout later. Amprepairparts.com lists a replacement for the 71190510 but they say it is a linear taper which makes no sense for a volume control. The one I need looks like this:
          Attached Files

Comment

So the broken pot you have has 71190510 stamped on it? What's wrong with the broken one?
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Peavey had multiple amps called Basic, there are even more than one "Basic 112" models. What is the exact name on the serial number sticker?

Linear might not make sense for an old school volume like on an old Fender Twin Reverb. But these volume controls are adjusting gain in the feedback loop of an op amp, and linear makes a lot more sense there.

You still have the old one? measure resistance end to end. Now set the wiper to the mid position and measure resistance from centered wiper to each end. if it is about equal, it is linear. If it is way skewed, you have a taper.

Please tell us, is there a part number stamped right on the part? And if so, what is it?

Call customer service at Peavey and get the exact schematic file for your amp:
              Basic 112 '95

71190510 is the correct part for Pre Gain control. 10k linear. And it is indeed the feedback element for U1A.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                Basic 112 '95

71190510 is the correct part for Pre Gain control. 10k linear. And it is indeed the feedback element for U1A.
                Thanks, that helps. I couldn't find a schematic online so I'm somewhat in the dark on this.

Comment

Working...
                X