Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winding direction

Hi,
    i 've wound some single coils 2 months ago, did not put the rods yet, and i don't remember how i wound them. Is there a way to be sure about this before wiring them? I want the middle pickup reverse winding and reverse polarity...What would you do ?
    I know i could see it easily, which is the start and which is the end, but i have one coil where i see 2 ends, it seems to have 2 ends actually ...
    Last edited by tepsamps; 01-29-2020, 11:11 AM.

Originally posted by tepsamps View Post
    Hi,
    i 've wound some single coils 2 months ago, did not put the rods yet, and i don't remember how i wound them. Is there a way to be sure about this before wiring them? I want the middle pickup reverse winding and reverse polarity...What would you do ?
    I know i could see it easily, which is the start and which is the end, but i have one coil where i see 2 ends, it seems to have 2 ends actually ...
    Connect the PU to amp, raise the gain a little, then touch the magnets with fingers. Try this with both polarities and note when finger touch (you need to NOT be grounded, to inject noise in the poles/magnets) gets less hum: the eyelet grounded at this moment is coil start.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pickup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	595.4 KB
ID:	857440

The start will eventually be partially covered by the rest of the coil as it builds up

Comment

Working...
      X